Need help to move affiliate banner codes to stand alone page

peeta

I want to place the affiliate codes on its own page because the banner images are displayed on the page and it has now become a clutter and lengthened the page significantly.

I created a template file called affiliatelinks.tpl and added

{if $loggedin}

{if $affiliatelinkscode}

{$affiliatelinkscode}

{/if}{/if}

but the links do not display. What can I do to show the banner codes separately from the aff report page? Ideally I'd like to have several pages categorized as 728x90, 300x250, 160x600 etc.

I don't get what you are suggesting here and with all due respect, did you not note in my initial post that I have already extracted and used that code? It just is not calling the data so there must be a query in the encoded affiliates.php which is making the call then output to the $affiliatelinkscode definition.

I just don't know how that query is written and this is where I seek assistance. I don't know how else to clarify my quest.

So in repetition here is what I have already done with no success

Created files affiliatelinks.php and affiliatelinks.tpl

Inserted in affiliatelinks.tpl the code copied from affiliates.tpl and wrapped within the logged in condition as below;

{if $loggedin}

{if $affiliatelinkscode}

{$affiliatelinkscode}

{/if}

{/if}

The page opens without error but the affiliate codes do not display.

It just is not calling the data so there must be a query in the encoded affiliates.php which is making the call then output to the $affiliatelinkscode definition.

Yes, you will need to "paste" the details you've put in the text-area in whmcs into your new page, and change the text area display in the affilaite tpl to be a link to your new page

What exactly do you have in affiliatelinks.php? Did you follow the instructions located on the wiki article I pasted to you a while ago?

the code you're looking for is in the template vars. You can output them with this:

print_r($smarty->get_template_vars());

Then reference them within your template code, or manipulate them as an array reference and assign them to a new smarty tag.

Yes, you will need to "paste" the details you've put in the text-area in whmcs into your new page, and change the text area display in the affilaite tpl to be a link to your new page

The manual method will show the code but the affliate's ID is not displayed with this code

<(a href="[AffiliateLinkCode]")><(img src="banner.png" width="728" height="90" border="0")><(/a)>

What can I do so the code interprets the logged in affiliate's ID?

This is what I have in the php file

<?php

define("CLIENTAREA",true);

require("dbconnect.php");
require("includes/functions.php");
require("includes/clientareafunctions.php");

$pagetitle = "Affiliate Banners";
$pageicon = "images/support/clientarea.gif";
$breadcrumbnav = '<a href="index.php">'.$_LANG['globalsystemname'].'</a>';
$breadcrumbnav .= ' » <a href="affiliatelinks.php">Affiliate Banners</a>';

initialiseClientArea($pagetitle,$pageicon,$breadcrumbnav);

if ($_SESSION['uid']) {
 # User is Logged In - put any code you like here
}

# To assign variables in Smarty use the following syntax.
# This can then be used as {$variablename} in the template

$smartyvalues["variablename"] = $value;

$templatefile = "affiliatelinks";

outputClientArea($templatefile);

?>

I tried many smarty variables relative to affiliate codes and still no result.

I got this working now with help from WHMCS but now I have another issue. I have 8 categories which require 8 pages and I want to load each template file with the single afflinks.php file using a url query similar to clientarea.php?action=invoices so mine would be as afflinks.php?action=728x90, afflinks.php?action=300x250 and so on.

I have created each of the .tpl files for the categories but just cannot figure how to load them. Can anyone offer instructions?