Give users a set password for hosting accounts?

YOLK

WHMCS will create a random password when creating new hosting accounts. Do you mean you want to have a static one (such as changeme)? This isnt a very good idea.

Right. Or is there a way to see what the password was set to? Reason being, I'm doing custom installations of sites, so I would have to change the password anyhow to login via ftp and then e-mail back the user with the new password. I'd like to alleviate the steps by just creating a new password all together, or somehow finding out what the random password was set to.

You can see it in the welcome email that's generated and sent. Alternatively, as root/reseller, you may be able to login to the account control panel and create your own FTP account - that will remove the need to know the customers password at all.

You can also see the password that was set by logging in as the client and using "View Details" next to the hosting product.. Or, the password is clearly visible when accepting the order if you're doing this manually. Its also visible on the product details page within the admin area.

• 1 year later...

If I am in the Admin Add Client and I do not set a password it sends the welcome email to the user with no password set. Is there a way this can be a random generated password? Reading from above I take it this is whats supposed to happen, however maybe this is a bug i am using the latest 4.5

Which server software are you using?

I will assume you are using WHM / cPanel

If you are manually adding a client, you need to create their product within WHM / cPanel first

You then import that product into WHMCS and the password is then saved in the client account

Alternatively you can do it the other way round

Ask the client to sign up as a new customer (they will obtain their password for the client area)

You then process an order manually and this will import the password from WHM / cPanel into WHMCS

Which server software are you using?

I will assume you are using WHM / cPanel

If you are manually adding a client, you need to create their product within WHM / cPanel first

You then import that product into WHMCS and the password is then saved in the client account

Alternatively you can do it the other way round

Ask the client to sign up as a new customer (they will obtain their password for the client area)

You then process an order manually and this will import the password from WHM / cPanel into WHMCS

Actually I use whmcs and DirectAdmin, however I really use it for local invoicing and clients as i do computer repair, its great for the client to be able to login and check their invoices... The problem I run into though , is when I create a client it doesnt generate a random password for them. I have to manually input smething like password1 and then they can login and change it. If i leave that input blank then thats just what whmcs it leaves it blank. It would be nice if i left it blank then whmcs would just to generate a random password so they would get it when they recieved their welcome to company email.