AWBS, domain renewal invoice and WHMCS

fabiof

Question

I'm a unsatisfied AWBS user due to Domain Renewal invoice is not automatically generated: AWBS doesn't automatically generate invoices for domain renewals but it does only for hosting renewals x days before it is due.

Problem: when the hosting and domain are expired, some of the customer may pay only for the hosting invoice because they thought that the Invoice for Hosting is inclusive of the domain renewal, because they never get the Domain Renewal Invoice and received only remider that they think it is the hosting + domain reminder notice.

So when they received the invoice, they just pay for it and gets angry when their domain expired....

Now, ff you want to renew your domain you must actively login to your account and click the "R" button for renew next to the domain name in the domain management section. Once you click the "R" button, AWBS will generate an invoice and add it to your cart. Then you can proceed and pay the invoice which will renew your domain.

Most people dont do anything until they are prompted to pay, then they listen. If they dont get invoiced, they presume its all taken care of or there is no action required. With the hosting its simple: they get an invoice that says - youve got to pay!

Then they get a reminder about the renewal of thier domain but no prompt for payment. They got one for their hosting so it would be logical to presume they will get one also for their domain.

One of my customers is a computer company that does not want to become a reseller but simply orders his customers domains and packges with us. We charge him, he charges more to his customers. Using AWBS, this customer now gets 100 bills (50 for domain AND 50 for hosting) instead of 50 (domain + hosting). Moreover, now he needs to manually renew 50 domains!

Customers want 1 bill for both services, without clicking any buttons.

Can WHMCS resolve this problem?

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

I can't say exactly how it works as I've only just started using it myself, but whmcs does indeed send domain renewal invoices.

It'll also group multiple items into one invoice if they're all due on the same date. Not sure if the due dates have to be the same, or if it takes all a client's items for the next 7 days (or however many you specify in the settings) and groups them, but that is really handy - saves our clients having to pay multiple invoices for their various things :)

Customers want 1 bill for both services, without clicking any buttons.

Can WHMCS resolve this problem?

I can confirm WHMCS does this , as long as the Next Due Date is set on the same day , it will generate only 1 invoice. Even multiple hsoting accounts and domains set all on same due date will all go to 1 invoice.

Ed,

I can confirm WHMCS does this , as long as the Next Due Date is set on the same day , it will generate only 1 invoice. Even multiple hsoting accounts and domains set all on same due date will all go to 1 invoice.

Thank you!