How do I do manual domain transfer?

slsdoug

I have enom acct and am a hostgator reseller.

I tried using WHMCS to do a domain transfer and got an error: registrar error: domain name not found. I think the problem is enom has the wrong IP address registered (I'm working on that).

I'd like to manually transfer the client's domain to enom. If I went through WHMCS, how is the domain stored at enom for the client? Under my account?

Doug D

Still, I'd like to transfer the domain manually. If I do it in my enom account, the domain will end up in my account. I'm still unclear what happens when a client transfers a domain using WHMCS. Does it end up in my enom account? How is it tied to their WHMCS account?

they order a transfer - WHMCS (through the enom api) does what you'd do manually :)

it appears in their account in WHMCS like any other domain (aside from saying "pending transfer") and you check your to-do list regularly which will tell you to look out for and/or chase up the transfer.