Product configuration

irdeto

Hi guys,

I was hoping someone can help me.

when you get to the ordering stage - I am giving customers two options:

1 - The option to register a new domain

or 2 - Udate their nameservers on an existing domain Or I will register a new domain.

The problem is - if customers choose option 2 - to update their nameservers...

you are presented with a text field of where you can enter the domain and then a smaller box right next to it where the customer can put in their TLD.

I think it is very confusing as customers (for example, in australia .com.au) will get very confused and actually put down the wrong domain name.

My question is - Is it possible to only have the one field (being just the full domain name ie.. testdomain.com.au) instead of two text fields?

You can see what i mean here

http://www.extremewebhosting.com.au/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=1

Any advice or help would really be appreciated.

Open / templates / orderforms / singlepage / configureproductdomain.tpl

Find this code:

<div id="owndomain" align="center">www. <input type="text" name="sld[2]" size="40" value="{$sld}" /> . <input type="text" name="tld[2]" size="7" value="{$tld}" />

</div>

Replace with this:

<div id="owndomain" align="center">www. <input type="text" name="sld[2]" size="40" value="{$sld}" /> . <!--<input type="text" name="tld[2]" size="7" value="{$tld}" />-->

</div>

I have commented out the second small box.... Try it and see if it works or not. Try to place a complete order.

Unfortunately that did not work. has anyone else got a clue about this?

I can see that justhost is doing it on their sign up page just fine.

Any help would be appreciated. As I think customers will easily get confused with this.

• 10 months later...

Just for anyone else who may run across this same issue, I did this to fix the issue for .com.au etc domains.

I edited configureproductdomain.tpl. to

<div class="domainreginput" id="domainowndomain">
www. <input type="text" id="owndomainsld" size="30" value="{$sld}" /> . <select id="owndomaintld">
{foreach key=num item=listtld from=$registertlds}
<option value="{$listtld|substr:1}"{if $listtld eq $tld} selected="selected"{/if}>{$listtld|substr:1}</option>
{/foreach}
</select></div>

It adds the select list to the end of the " I will use my existing domain and update my nameservers" option so only the tld's that you have configured show up. This should create far less confusion for customers.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2282&d=1308397796

transferdomain.jpg

Edited by cwispy