Suspension Fee

Lots of webhosts are starting to charge a "Suspension fee" when a user's account is suspended.

The API docs on the suspend function are pretty pathetic - it can only return the hosting account ID.

I also don't see any docs in the Invoice API for a way to add a charge to an existing invoice.

When WHMCS auto suspends an account for late payment, I'd like to tack on a $10 "suspension fee" to the overdue invoice. Doesnt look like thats possible, though.

Would these be possible additions? Thanks!

You can use the Late Payment Fee option to add a late payment on the same number of days you suspend accounts to achieve this.

Goto Setup --> General Settings --> Invoices (Tab) and set the options in their in relation to percentage/amount days etc.

Thanks for helping!

I already charge a 10% late fee after the 2nd overdue day. Usually, most clients pay at this point. But after 5 days, the account is suspended. I have automatic un-suspensions off so I can manually verify every suspended account is in good standing. As such, I want to add a $10 un-suspension fee.

If you manually suspend accounts then the easiest way would be to forget about the automation side and apply a $10 manual entry to the invoice at the point you hit the susend module command.

Thats how I do it now. I was just hoping there was a way to automate adding the fee so I could automate the suspensions.

Thats how I do it now. I was just hoping there was a way to automate adding the fee so I could automate the suspensions.

Hi

There is nothing built in to automate this at the moment - you would have to use the hooks to crete a hook for each time suspend is used to generate an invoice through a function script.

The hook AfterModuleSuspend is the one to use.

They are available at http://wiki.whmcs.com/Hooks

• 2 weeks later...