Licensing Addon - How to do prevent over riding of license check file?

Hello,

Maybe it is just slipping my mind but I'm unable to grasp the proper or more efficient way of going about this.

1. I have my license check file working completely where it creates the local key, properly gets the status of the license, etc...I plan to encrypt this file.

2. On my other page, lets say my index page. I have an if/else statement that basically says show this content if the licensecheck file has Active as the license status.

This works great, and works properly.

3. However, what is to prevent someone from just declaring the variable as Active on the top of the index page php and remove the include statement for the license check?

Basically the way that I see it is, if anyone knew what the valid status variable was, they would just need to declare that variable and remove the include statements from the files that call the license check.

--------

So I was wondering if anyone can provide any suggestions or examples on what type of functionality or additions did you add to the license check file, and how do you call it on pages that request the license check... is it via include file, does the license check hold key functionality, etc..

Thank you in advance for any and all comments and suggestions.

If your system involves database calls, i would suggest writing a closed class with the core functions which initialize the script, connects to database and store the license functions in it. So just encode this file and you are happy. If the user removes the include or messes up with the header or index file which includes this class file, your script just throws up a bunch of errors until the user is frustrated.