ClientExec Import Questions

Hello,

I'm potentially interested in switching from ClientExec 3.2.3 to WHMCS. However, we have a fairly substantial ClientExec installation that has been active for many years, so a migration is quite an undertaking. I've been playing around with the converter a bit, and have a few questions and concerns:

1. I have a substantial number of customers with PayPal subscriptions already set up. It would be unacceptable to have to cancel those and ask the customers to set up new ones. Is there a way to keep the subscriptions active in such a way that they'll update the appropriate customer records? I do notice a "subscription ID" section in the products/services page, which I imagine I could manually enter, but the subscription would still be calling the old PayPal callback script - is there some script I can use to "forward" those requests to the correct WHMCS location?

2. ClientExec package add-ons don't get imported. While I can set these up manually again, it's a bit of a pain. Also, relating to question 1, if I were to replicate the add-on structure in WHMCS, and reassign all the customers to their appropriate add-ons, would the PayPal subscriptions still manage to credit everything correctly?

3. For some reason, a handful of domains are not being imported from ClientExec. The majority do seem to be, though. Is there anything in particularly that is likely to cause this?

4. While my packages are all imported, none of the actual billing information is - eg, how much to charge monthly, annually, etc. This can be set up manually, but it's obviously somewhat inconvenient to have to do that. Is it possible to add support for that? The same does for domain extensions, etc.

4. Support tickets aren't imported. This is something that's obviously known about, and I might try to write an importer for those myself. (I'd be happy to offer it up for official inclusion if so, of course.)

My main concern is that we want to minimise downtime while switching over between the two systems. While many of these issues can be resolved manually, it would take many hours of work to ensure every customer's data is correct. Ideally, we'd be able to get general settings, plug-ins, templates and so on configured beforehand, then import all customer data, and have a brief period of downtime while verifying everything, rather than several hours or even days while having to reenter each user's add-ons, fill out multi-year pricing for each of our ~30 TLDs, input PayPal subscription data for hundreds of customers, check for missing domains, and so on.

Is it likely that it'll be possible to address any of these issues?

Thank you,

Owen

• WHMCS CEO

Hi,

1. Yes, we have that subscription ID field you've noticed in WHMCS to allow this. Providing you enter the corresponding PayPal subscription ID for each account in WHMCS then we can provide a callback redirect script via ticket on request so that the calls to your old CE url will be forwarded onto WHMCS and matched up using those subscription IDs

2. Addons aren't imported automatically but yes, the subscription payments would need to relate to the parent product and would then still mark addon renewals paid when received if due

3. There shouldn't be any reason for any to be left out. All domains belonging to clients in the CE DB should get transferred over.

4. Clients instances of the products/services will have pricing set but the actual product configuration will need editing after import to set things like welcome emails, module settings, etc... so can set pricing aswell when doing that.

5. Support tickets we can look at adding for you. Get in touch with us via ticket and we'll see what we can do.

Matt