Maxmind

Topgun

This is more of a personal preference, but I would say that it is...

With PayPal, the first thing you may want to do to protect yourself is to set your PayPal account to only accept payments from verified users. That way if there is fraud involved, PayPal can help you trace it and resolve it (even though I think they fall short for electronic services)...

When using PayPal for only one-time and recurring payments, Maxmind, can still allow you to thwarte fraudulent orders, however, it comes in even more handy when you use their Pro or merchant services... since that is like any other merchant account, in a nutshell.

So, in summary, for an added layer of security, yes.

Hello dspotter,

That is what I just read here in the forum.

I was looking at Money Market and tried to sign up and been waiting now over an hour or so for a email to verify it but no email. I looked in the spam folder nothing there.

I looked around there site and they have little maps at the top of there pages.

But there is no US map so maybe they don't like us here in the US.

Oh well no bigger I am not going to beg to just account from them.

I am trying to find account with low fees, no setup and not 3rd party like PayPal or 2Checkout.

Years ago I had Authorize net but now I don't want pay the $25 + a month fees.

Thanks for the info.

We have a merchant account with a US bank and have Authorize.net for free...well, more precisely, the bank eats the cost.

Normally, AuthNet costs about what you said, PLUS your merchant account, settlement fees, per transaction and the discount fee. AuthNet is really a very good gateway. IMHO, one of the best. We have been using them for nearly 10 years.

You should talk to a number of banks, even local ones and see what they can offer. If for instance you have long-standing relationships with a small local bank, they may give you free statements, and better discount and per transaction rates.

Other than that, try also CDG... they are pretty competitive, but I think they have a proprietary gateway.

When you compare cost, you should always factor in everything...all total costs. Then see if PayPal's 2.9% + transaction fee or 2Checkout 5.5%, or whatever you are comparing is truly more expensive. Even if we were to add AuthNet gateway fees to our charges (even though our bank eats the fee), with statement fees, our 1.9% discount rate + the per transaction, we come in way less than using any other payment method .... based on the volume of charges we do.

So if the volume is not there, it would indeed not make sense.

Sorry for the rant, but hopefully I have shed a bit more light on this.

Also Topun, I am not sure if WHMC works with PayPalPro (Website Payments Pro), but I am sure they will support it soon ... PayPalPro, in my opinion, is somewhat costlier than other merchant accounts (2.9% + $0.30 per transaction plus $20.00 per mo plus any additional fraud screening)...especially considering that some banks will charge you as little as 10 or 15 dollars for the AuthNet gateway.

Been using CDG, and haven't had any problems. I like their gateway actually better then a lot of other companies. We have used several others, like Bluepay etc and they seemed to offer the best deal with a good assortment of features.

Hello

First are you using CDG with the WHMC?

I was told by Matt that it will not work with WHMC.

I was also told by CDG it will not work with WHMC.

If you are using it please tell me how.