Preserve hosting renewal dates from old billing system

Hello all,

So far I am finding WHMCS to be just about everything I could want in a billing packages for a hosting company. That said I am hopeful that what I am trying to do here is possible.

I just recently completed the purchase of a hosting company, and they had a terrible billing system. It was a home-grown Classic ASP / MS Access database system. It did a few things right, but the system never worked properly and customers constantly complained about it.

Not wanting to continue bad tradition, I chose to go with WHMCS, and now I'm stuck with the daunting task of creating the new accounts in the WHMCS system. So far I've had no trouble doing that, I got all the customers account information. I even added all of their domain names via the WHMCS instructions on how to Add a Domain.

What I need to do next is add all the customer's existing hosting account into the new system. Almost all customers are on an annual billing cycle. That means many of them have already paid for their 1 year of service. What would be the best way to add the product/service order for a hosting package, and set it to renew on a fixed date that I set?

I have all the account renewal dates from the old billing system. I can put them into WHMCS, but I didn't see a place to add a fixed renew date. When I went to add an annual cycle order, it set the renewal date as +365 days from today's date. Obviously this isn't going to work because clients are coming up for renewal almost every day.

What's the best approach here? I wish I could have used some import script, but the custom billing software from the old company is so terrible. The information is there, just horribly slow to work with and needs to go away.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

What would be the best way to add the product/service order for a hosting package, and set it to renew on a fixed date that I set?

Place the orders - untick "invoice" and leave as pending - view the order, untick the deploy and inform-client checkboxes, accept, click the word hosting, set the correct amount and next-due-date, click save