Orders from free emails not being blcoked?

Bobo

I thought I read somewhere in the WHMCS configuration that it is possible to block orders from users who use free emails such as Yahoo, Google, etc., so that WHMCS would basically deny them the ability to submit the order if they entered a free email as their email.

In my ssytem right now, orders made with free emails are going thorugh. Yet, I thought I implemented the MaxMInd system, with the specific requirement that such orders be blocked from being carried out.

But they continue to go thorugh. Is it me who is not understanding the logic behind this feature, if any?

How do I make sure this works?

I want basically this to happen:

1) If the email used by customer is not a free email, the order goes through and can be completed.

2) If the order is made with a free email (yahoo, gmail, hotmail, etc.), then the customer cannot complete the order. At the time of order submission, he receives a failure notice that tells him that he needs to provide a real email from his ISP, not a free email.

I thought WHMCS allowed something like this? I seem to have read this somwhere in the manual?

Thanks.

• WHMCS CEO

Yes, this is possible. MaxMind has their feature for blocking free email accounts. With this enabled, the customer will be signed up, order will be made, and the fraud check will then fail and the order would be set as Fraud and invoice cancelled. With the built in WHMCS ban protection, you need to configure the banned email domains such as hotmail.com, yahoo.com, etc... in Configuration > Banned Email Domains and then customers won't even be allowed to sign up using email accounts with these providers.

Matt

Ah, ok, thanks. I thought this feature was bult in, with a default list of known free email provoders.

I do think the Maxmind logic is flawed then. Why put people through the hassle of registering an order that is going to fail anyway? A hard stop as soon as the order is submitted is preferable, and prevents useless invoicing. Since it is exoected that the order would fail because of the hard limitation on free emails, I just do not understand why the order is allowed to proceed.

At any rate, thanks, Matt.

Oh, by the way, would there be a way of importing a list of domains into the system, instead oh having to do this one by one. As a refugee of MB, I know they had a list in the system by default, which we could add to through the interfacte. So, for WHMCS, this could be a good feature, to get people started fast and easy. An import tool to import a list of domains this way would be a must, or include a list by default, and allow users to activate or de-activate the domains they want or do not want to block.

While it would be great maybe we as a community could start a list ourselves and maybe or maybe not Matt could add them into WHMCS.

I had a great list of about sixty of them I had caught over the last five years and lost them with my last home PC crash, I did give the list out to a few people and I am trying to get another copy.

If I do I will post it here.

Moderbill, which I just moved from, came with a default list of more than 3000 domains known as free domains.

If I knew how to import these into WHMCS, I would build a list in a text file, then import. I suppose this could be done directly using MySQL commands?

• 2 months later...
Moderbill, which I just moved from, came with a default list of more than 3000 domains known as free domains.

If I knew how to import these into WHMCS, I would build a list in a text file, then import. I suppose this could be done directly using MySQL commands?

The MB v5 you had to pay for the modern fraud or whatever it was called for it to work, not sure about v4 though

Paul