Adding orders from the past using WHMCS API. Possible?

webio

Hello,

I'm looking on making small conversion script from my current billing system to WHMCS and I'm wondering if I can add orders from the past using WHMCS API or maybe I should use direct WHMCS MySQL DB queries.

Thanks

P.S. Can I ask for some clarification/help about importing orders? For example user has one order which has already two annual invoices. In this scenario should I create:

• add client
  • one order with date of user initial registration and product id already added to WHMCS which points to the same service which is used currently
  • two invoices: one with date equal to registration date and second one year later. Does recurrign invoices are different in some way from invoices which where created with service ordering?
  • .. anything else?

Are there any pitfalls which I should remember during conversion from different billing system?

Regards

Edited by webio

I have another question. What is the way of handling/importing already created by previous billing system services which have different naming convetion (username instead of domain or e-mail)? It would be nice to have some documentation about moving from other biling systems to WHMCS. I'm aware of a lot of differences between all of them but some having general principles could be very helpfull.

What billing system are you using? WHMCS provides a number of import scripts for the most common ones.

To answer your question, it would be best to go directly into the database. The database layout is fairly simple, and anyone with some basic programming abilities should be able to produce results.

To answer your question, it would be best to go directly into the database. The database layout is fairly simple, and anyone with some basic programming abilities should be able to produce results.

Thank you for responding and you are right. Connecting to DB fixed my issues. I have only one question: when service is recurred does new order is being created or order is just being created when service is being registered (like hostng package) and "connected" with first invoice?