Can I Customize The User Registration Form?

webnet

I would like new users to skip some of the fields on the register.php sign up form when they sign up for an account.

Is there anyway to remove some of the required fields such as address, phone etc...

why do you want to remove address from the registration form.

details like this are a legal requirement for your business records.

Thank you for your concern in regards to my business records...

I've been doing business for a little over 20 years now and I have pretty good idea of what

may or may not be required by law when it comes to keeping records.

I didn't purchase the software for the purpose that many others do and I don't need

alot of the information that appears to be required on the user sign up form.

You should be able to alter these or at worst insert some dummy info nad hide the fields all together from the client.

IF you areusing this for a non hosting business there are a lot of things that you wont be able to change that are pretty much mean for a hosting business from what i can see. LIke i dont even see a simple way to add more fields to the order status its either pending, fraud, accepted ect

You should be able to alter these or at worst insert some dummy info nad hide the fields all together from the client.

IF you areusing this for a non hosting business there are a lot of things that you wont be able to change that are pretty much mean for a hosting business from what i can see. LIke i dont even see a simple way to add more fields to the order status its either pending, fraud, accepted ect

Thanks for the reply...

The business is a membership site that has already gathered the necessary address, phone, etc

from my members. I purchased WHMCS to provide a free hosting option for my paid members.

They have already paid and signed up for their membership and I just want to use WHMCS to let my current members use the free hosting option if they want.

I don't want to add anything to this form but If it's required in order to set up a hosting account I would at least like to eliminate some of the information my members have already provided.

If they could just enter a username, password and email addess I would be happy...

Does anyone know the name of the exact file that I would need to edit to make this happen?

Is there a way to avoid the form all together?

Thanks in advance

Hi

would it not be just a case of removing the unwanted fields from the clientregister.tpl in the template you are using

Thanks for the reply...

The business is a membership site that has already gathered the necessary address, phone, etc

from my members. I purchased WHMCS to provide a free hosting option for my paid members.

They have already paid and signed up for their membership and I just want to use WHMCS to let my current members use the free hosting option if they want.

I don't want to add anything to this form but If it's required in order to set up a hosting account I would at least like to eliminate some of the information my members have already provided.

If they could just enter a username, password and email addess I would be happy...

Does anyone know the name of the exact file that I would need to edit to make this happen?

Is there a way to avoid the form all together?

Thanks in advance

Hi

would it not be just a case of removing the unwanted fields from the clientregister.tpl in the template you are using

(BIG SMILE) TA DA!!!

and that my friend was exactly the answer I was looking for :)

much appreciated... thanks!

If this is for a membership based site, then I'd assume you already have some sort of database & login system; would it not just be easier in the long run to have a SSO (Single Sign On) Module created (if there's not one already) to bridge both systems? This would make it much easier on your users, as then there's only one login for them to remember, not 2 ;)

• 4 months later...