Knowledgebase overloading the server

Hi,

Not sure if anyone else has had this problem, I searched to no avail, so here is my problem, my knowledgebase.php file overloaded the server, my host has a limit on CPU usage, so when the file doubled the limits continuously, my account was suspended, its back up now but it may happen again, short of changing output of php file, I have stopped the feature:

"Knowledgebase - will now suggest other articles that might be of interest from the same category in an "Also Read" section and display breadcrumb of categories leading to articles."

I will update this if it solves the problem. The usual discaimer of not changing file etc etc. A line (of many) from my server:

PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND

11878 ****** 18 0 105m 20m 6820 R 60.3 0.5 3:44.90 /usr/bin/php /home/******/public_html/clients/knowledgebase.php

With thanks and I am sure this is not a bug!!

Jacko

Edited by interneers

Hi,

Not sure if anyone else has had this problem, I searched to no avail, so here is my problem, my knowledgebase.php file overloaded the server, my host has a limit on CPU usage, so when the file doubled the limits continuously, my account was suspended, its back up now but it may happen again, short of changing output of php file, I have stopped the feature:

"Knowledgebase - will now suggest other articles that might be of interest from the same category in an "Also Read" section and display breadcrumb of categories leading to articles."

I will update this if it solves the problem. The usual discaimer of not changing file etc etc. A line (of many) from my server:

PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND

11878 ****** 18 0 105m 20m 6820 R 60.3 0.5 3:44.90 /usr/bin/php /home/******/public_html/clients/knowledgebase.php

With thanks and I am sure this is not a bug!!

Jacko

Yes my knowledegbase.php produced this

"%CPU 82.1 /usr/bin/php /home/********/public_html/clients/knowledgebase.php"

and my host just removed the php file.

and forced me to go elsehwere when i checked with new host my whole site inc. whmcs produced less that 1% of cpu usage

i did open ticket with Matt and was told

"Hi Terry,

No that shouldn't be possible. If you can send us a link to reproduce it we'll take a look at it for you. Regards, Matt"

Yes my knowledegbase.php produced this

"%CPU 82.1 /usr/bin/php /home/********/public_html/clients/knowledgebase.php"

and my host just removed the php file.

and forced me to go elsehwere when i checked with new host my whole site inc. whmcs produced less that 1% of cpu usage

i did open ticket with Matt and was told

"Hi Terry,

No that shouldn't be possible. If you can send us a link to reproduce it we'll take a look at it for you. Regards, Matt"

On a side note why as a hosting provider are you using shared 3rd party hosting for your site?

On a side note why as a hosting provider are you using shared 3rd party hosting for your site?

Simple

Yes i run my own VPS that i host my many clients, but i have my WHMCS on a standard package and not on the VPS, so if their is any server problems then i can still contact my clients. this is a practice many hosts adopt.

MojoWill,

Not sure if you were asking me but, as all ways, Money, its cheaper for me to use shared hosting, all my current clients are not internet gurus and are happy to have a simple site, with email and other functions provided by (currently) cPanel, plus the demand on their sites is small, allowing low bandwidth etc.

I have disabled the new suggestion feature and have not had any messages from my host, who thankfully just suspended my site for a short time, and not delete the file.

Jacko

Jacko

I think MojoWill was asking me why my main site/WHMCS was on a shared plan.

MojoWill,

Not sure if you were asking me but, as all ways, Money, its cheaper for me to use shared hosting, all my current clients are not internet gurus and are happy to have a simple site, with email and other functions provided by (currently) cPanel, plus the demand on their sites is small, allowing low bandwidth etc.

I have disabled the new suggestion feature and have not had any messages from my host, who thankfully just suspended my site for a short time, and not delete the file.

Jacko