Best Integration Customization?

skshost

I've looked through the showcase forum, and everyone's integration is pretty much the same. It appears that all anyone else has done is wrapped WHMcs in the header & footer, and maybe changed a few colors, which usually takes a few minutes.

Who's is the best? Top 10 best?

Most use WHMcs for web hosting, and many hosts have access to skilled developers. I just assumed that there'd be a few out there that would just make me think "WOW" and push me to do great things with my integration, but unfortunately I haven't found any yet.

No offence to those who just wrapped their WHMcs, I understand that it is such a good app that it may not be necessary to go all out and change it, I just expected some of you "gifted" developers to do amazing things.

I used to customize all my support desk, billing system, etc, but if you do too much, other than change the graphics, style sheets, etc, your stuck redoing all your changes every verison, so its just not worth it.

I would like to get my hands on a real nice set of support icons though, i have yet to find anything out there i like. whmcs are nice, they are fun looking, but not real business from my viewpoint.

anyone have a nice set of business looking suppoty icons they want to sell?

oh crap - you mean you have to redo everything for every update? (we are starting out w/version 3) - no updates yet for us.

does an update reset you back to all default settings? what about the admin area? that does not get redone as well does it? (like knowledgebase, package descriptions, etc)

i think customization would be so much easier if every page was not a maze of nested tables along with data outside of tables just hanging around. i have been trying to get rid of tables and replace them with divs, replacing center tags with css, etc. now that i know i am going to have to redo all of this with each revision i think i am going to throw up :(

• WHMCS CEO

You won't have to redo all your customisations each time you upgrade - generic is wrong about this. Only a selection of template files change in an update usually and the changed files are listed so you only have to modify those that have changed.

Matt

You won't have to redo all your customisations each time you upgrade - generic is wrong about this. Only a selection of template files change in an update usually and the changed files are listed so you only have to modify those that have changed.

Matt

that is very good news :)

Matt

that is very good news :)

That is great to hear! :)

Where are the changes to the template files listed?

There is a changelist that comes with the new version downloads in the past. Any template files that have changed should be listed.

In the Readme on the last version:

*** UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS

3. With the V3 release, the following template files have changed. Make sure you update

these files in your custom template folder if you have one.

- templates/orderforms/boxes/order-stepone.tpl

- templates/orderforms/boxes/order-stepthree.tpl

- templates/orderform

etc.....

I've got two instances of WHMCS running, and have abandoned the traditional icon-based approach to the client area. Instead, my clients must log into their account center first to access any of the WHMCS menu options. Rather than try and describe it all, I've just uploaded some images of my WHMCS installs:

flickr.com/photos/7351903@N08/416750519

(sorry you'll have to copy and paste the URL, I haven't made 15 posts yet and the forum won't let me post a link until then)

Thanks! I've considered implementing some elements of those designs into a more general template and releasing it. This probably isn't the most appropriate thread to discuss it under, but if there is interest I may work on it...

Thanks! I've considered implementing some elements of those designs into a more general template and releasing it. This probably isn't the most appropriate thread to discuss it under, but if there is interest I may work on it...

I'd love to get hold of it. Is your order form of a similar style? Link?

My order form is actually completely custom on one site (because it's for a single service) and non-existent on the other (because we're using it to manage billing for various web services and not geared specifically toward hosting).

The one order form is here: aeycsites.com/support/order.php

That said, it would be easy to implement the style throughout the order form as well.