Need guidance for custom extension

edercoll

Hello everybody.

I'm discussing with a provider (coder) the best way to develop an extension to WHMCS.

I want to make sure that he can get the best out of the existing API and do the least possible coding, keeping the application with a high performance and not coding functions that are already available through the API.

Before we go deep into this I need some short guidance.

1 - I need to create a new tab under Billing -> View transaction list, containing a control that will enable me to upload a txt file to a remote folder.

Can I do such integration, and if that is so, is there some kind of template that will allow me the integration with the already existing tabs?

2 - After the file is uploaded I need a grid to show some attibutes of the uploaded/processed file.

Is there a template for such a grid or I have to get it done from the ground up?

3 - When I click in a record (txt file on the grid) it must show me some details of that file in a second grid, which leads me to a decision I'd rather make using feedback from someone who might have done it.

Do I go from the ground up or there's some reusable code/templates that will allow me to skip this part?

I have attached two images that represent exactly what I need to accomplish.

Please check them.

Your feedback and insights are very valuable.

Thanks

mockup3.jpg