NuSOAP & NetRegistry Module

PyRoAcIdK

Hi Team,

Has anyone successfully implemented the NetReigstry module using NUSoap.

When I messaged NetRegistry, they weren't very helpful and I believe 90% of people that want to use NetRegistry will use NuSoap as they won't have dedicated servers / a soap server.

Error that I receive is:

Call to undefined method soapclient::__setLocation() in /home/yourname/public_html/billing/modules/registrars/netregistry/netregistry.php on line 31

Thank You

Edited by PyRoAcIdK

Ok, after speaking with a developer, I found out that code isn't needed, so I commented that code out.

Now I'm receiving the error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method soapclient::domainInfo() in /home/yourname/public_html/billing/modules/registrars/netregistry/netregistry.php on line 215

Pyro,

We've been having issues with NetRegistry with regards to their API and their supplied WHMCS module for some time. (Yes, they supplied a module THEY developed to us...and it has issues even THEY CANT HELP WITH - or so they claim)

They've been quite a pain when it comes to support for their own module, claiming that the issues are something our developers will need to code/correct....like WTF?

They built the module...they should fricken fix it!

Don't worry, this is crap that I have raised with both our account manager and the NetRegistry reseller manager a few times already....and hopefully they'll take notice soon!

Hi Hightekhosting,

Yeah I had the same problem. From what I could understand, it's like they built half the module, then gave up and released it with no support? (No idea why because it would mean a lot more sales for them).

Hopefully they will pull their fingers out.

A possible couple of problems here could be

a) You are running php5 with soap enabled. Nusoap was meant for php4 and has the same class name as php5's built in soap function.

I believe that the way around it is to rename the soapclient class name to something else like nusoapclient

b) If using php V5.2.11 there is a bug in the soap class where it can't read the <definitions> tag in the wsdl among some others.

Try going back to V5.2.10 as it doen't apear to have that bug.

@PyRoAcldk:

Your errors apear that it could be with either of the above. It could even be possible that the netregistry wsdl could have a few errors in it.

I have got a netregistry account that I no longer use and I just rang netregistry support to try to get the module but the support girl that I spoke to had absolutly no clue.

Edited by sparky

• 4 weeks later...

Finally worked out the conflicts i was receiving and have since rectified. In my case i had to upgarde my version of php-soap to resolve the problem.

I have also questioned Netregistry as to the support and received the same answer "We don't support it" My argument was the same. They advised that it was a whmcs development issue and to conatct the forum for support.

I have tried to explain that first off they supplied the interface module for whmcs so therefore they should have the skills and know how to troubleshoot it. It to though has fallen on deaf ears.

The module however also has additional fields that I would like to know what I should be entering into them to make sure the data entry is correct and such and the domain is registered or renewed without further problems.

To date I have still not been advised what each field is related to apart from the obvious ones like Registrant. So for those of you that are using the module and care to share please send me a message.

I think it requires an additional feature like fetch from registrar to populate the fields or sync them so to speak.