Preparing for Modernbill import

rbro

I'd like to hear from some of you that have migrated from Modernbill to WHMCS and imported your clients, packages, invoices etc. I have appx. 1000 clients in MB and am getting ready to migrate them to WHMCS (with Matt's help) , but wanna pick your brains first. Some questions:

1. What did you do to "prepare" for the import?

2. Did you have to recreate your packages from MB and make sure the names match?

3. What kind of cleanup was necessary afterwards? Any nasty surprises?

4. Was there anything that didn't import correctly or that needed to be entered manually by you after the import?

5. How did you enter client's cc numbers? Matt's working on a script for me to import cc numbers from an unencrypted MB export, but what did y'all do?

6. Anything else I should know/do before pulling the trigger?

I'm very nervous, but excited to take the plunge. In an ideal world, I won't miss a billing cycle and I'll be able to confirm that all clients, packages, invoices, payments etc. were accurately imported, then I can simply disable MB and run my daily billing with WHMCS! In reality however I realize it can be very different, so thanks in advance for any tips you can give me.

Hey,

I have not done this at all, but its always a golden rule to do this.

BACKUP UP YOUR DATABASE!

I can't stress that enough, well let me try it again.

BACKUP UP YOUR DATABASE!

You should always always always back up your database before you do any upgrade or importing. Its best to do it right before you start the important as you don't want to backup old data just in case you need it.

As for your other questions, I'm sure someone around here can answer them.

From,

Adam

The script will allow you to import any existing clients, invoices, transactions, hosting accounts, packages and domain pricing from your ModernBill V4.x system into WHMCS. The import is fully automated and takes only minutes to perform.

To download it, login to your client area at http://www.whmcs.com/clients/client_login.php and then go to View Your Licenses. Once your license is displayed, click the View & Download button next to it. The ModernBill Import Script will be displayed there.

The MB import script worked almost perfectly for me,

just had to eit packe names / cats.

1 thing i noticed it didnt import coupons, and therefore some peoples charges are slightly out, easy to edit though.

Does anyone know if theres a way to apply a coupon to an account after its already installed and in WHMCS?

Does anyone know if theres a way to apply a coupon to an account after its already installed and in WHMCS?

Do not believe it is possible. If they are on Paypal Subscriptions the payment amount should not have changed. However you can go into the client profile and change the amount due to reflect the subscription amount.

• WHMCS CEO
Let me ask this. If I import the MB data, can I then edit the product names and categories and have it globally change all the imported client's products? If that makes sense ;-)

Yes, changing a product name will update it on all clients who use that product.

Matt

• WHMCS CEO
i imported all my clients fastly, but all the client password was corrupted.....

any solution ?

Shouldn't have been the case. How long ago did you do the import?

Do cpanel plans/packages need to be created in advance in whmcs under configure products/svcs with the exact same name prior to the mb import, or will the mb import create the pacakges in whmcs?

No, they do not. The import copies over the packages from your MB - you will then need to setup the package names for WHM once imported.