Is there a way to bill for services (ie- design fees)

schwim

Hi there guys,

I'm just wondering:

Would it be possible to use WHMCS to bill for design time? For instance, a client has us customize a shopping cart template, and we log our hours and it comes out to 5 hours at $30 an hour.

Could I use WHMCS to do this? If so, what would be the most logical(and clean) way to do this?

Would I just create an item with each client's amount that is selected NOT to show up on the order page? Does that mean I have to keep that item in selection indefinately so it will stay in their products/services page?

thanks,

json

Thanks very much for the reply Adam.

Do I have to keep the product in the products/services listing to keep from messing up the listings in their client section? For instance if they pay, then I remove that product, will it cause a problem with their tracking of their payments?

I guess I could just create $30x1, $30x2, $30x3 etc.. and just use them as they are needed.

thanks again for replying,

json

Hey,

You don't even need to make a product. Just create an account with them and make an invoice for them.

I guess you could great product and make it a general name, like "Web Design Services" but don't add any price option to it as it differs from client to client. Don't also make it free but just a value of zero.

But just go to the clients profile > invoices > make an invoice and your good to go.

From,

Adam

Hey,

You don't even need to make a product. Just create an account with them and make an invoice for them.

I guess you could great product and make it a general name, like "Web Design Services" but don't add any price option to it as it differs from client to client. Don't also make it free but just a value of zero.

But just go to the clients profile > invoices > make an invoice and your good to go.

From,

Adam

That is a great idea for creating invoices for web design or really any other service. Anyone know if you can use bluepay to have the client pay for that invoice?