lpanel doubles its monthly cost...unbelieveable...

generic

Lpanel has decided to double its monthly costs and increase annual licenses, if you still have a license with them, dont forget to cancel it.

They have terminated support tickets and are requiring anyone with an annual license to now start paying 19.95/mo extra for support.

Everyone I know is leaving them. At this rate, they will be out of business my summer. Matt, you want to double your client base...Time to do a refugee special on webhostingtalk specifically for clients of lpanel.

Glad I found whmcs a few months ago.

I got to their website but it still looks as though they are not finished with it or its just really slow. None of the graphics loaded for me. This is the demo page, I thought it was funny that they used DataHosts.com login.

demo.lpanel.net

*sorry I could not link above because I do not have 15 post yet lol*

DataHost I would e-mail them and tell them to change it, and they can't use your name on their website.

I understand what they are trying to say but they worded it wrong should have said "Yourdomain.com" login or something like that.

I just thought it was funny when I first saw DataHosts.com login :D

they still have not completed their manual....about 50% of the pages are coming soon...

I really believe they are just setting up to sell the company. Increase your prices, increase your revenue, clean up the user forums (they deleted everything - which deletes all the negative issues in the past) Start charging for tech support, so there are less support tickets, etc.

they are already ebaying one brand nae they have for something like $250,000.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/NETREADYBUSINESS-COM-NET-Portfolio-and-Site-WOW_W0QQitemZ300070960919QQihZ020QQcategoryZ46689QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

all seems to indicate a sale in the near future.

======

hey datahost, who did you get your flash tutorials from? they are nice.

I recently looked at them when I thought I wasn't going to be able to use WHMCS. The functionality of the system underwhelmed me and the prices made me move on (I got there after the price hike).

I'm so happy using this system that I've begun eating my vegetables and I now help elderly women crossing the street.

thanks,

json

I was using lPanel also, until they raised their lease and owned license fees? Support? I don't understand their rationale? Drop their poor support and have their customers pay for support? If you lease, you get support? If you own, there is a support fee for yearly maintenance or semi-annual depending on the software.

I just happened to find WMCS by doing some research. So far, I like what I see.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
wow... the "hate mail" is really flying in their forums. It seems unethical but fortunately it's not my problem. Really makes me appreciate WHMCS even more and certainly reminds me of what we don't have to deal with in our community.

Couldn't agree with you anymore :roll:

• 5 weeks later...

Just a surface impression as I know little about Lpanel (apart from the somewhat scathing remarks I've seen about it all over the net! :)) - it looks to me as if Lpanel is about to go down, kind of a possible act of desperation - unless they were way underpriced? Only the next 6 months will tell ...

Disclaimer: I know nothing at all about Lpanel's financial state, so this post is just meaningless speculation.

Just a surface impression as I know little about Lpanel (apart from the somewhat scathing remarks I've seen about it all over the net! :)) - it looks to me as if Lpanel is about to go down, kind of a possible act of desperation - unless they were way underpriced? Only the next 6 months will tell ...

Disclaimer: I know nothing at all about Lpanel's financial state, so this post is just meaningless speculation.

I used Lpanel in 2006, before WHMCS, and then they charged $19.95/month.

I used Lpanel for over 3 years. About my only complaint was the licensing server. It would go down intermittently and lock me out of the admin section. This year, it seemed to be getting worse and worse and support, looking at forum complaints, were getting worse and worse, Scot left, etc and I decided it was time to move on before the licensing servers went down altogether and really screwed me over.

So, here I am. A happy WHMCS user. I do monitor the forum activity quite a bit as it's a good tell tale sign of the health of the company itself. And if Matt and the moderators continue on the same level, looks like I'll be around for quite a while.... :D

I used Lpanel for over 3 years. About my only complaint was the licensing server. It would go down intermittently and lock me out of the admin section. This year, it seemed to be getting worse and worse and support, looking at forum complaints, were getting worse and worse, Scot left, etc and I decided it was time to move on before the licensing servers went down altogether and really screwed me over.

So, here I am. A happy WHMCS user. I do monitor the forum activity quite a bit as it's a good tell tale sign of the health of the company itself. And if Matt and the moderators continue on the same level, looks like I'll be around for quite a while.... :D

Scott left? Holy cow....