One contract details

tt04d.th.jpg

New time entry

tt05.th.jpg

Edit time entru

tt06s.th.jpg

Edited by egrueda

• 1 year later...
I finnished this module and now I'm using it for my customers :-)

Any chance I could have a look or grab a copy? i've been looking all day for exactly this.

Would be hapy to buy it off you if it does all the right things.

Not sure how to PM on this forum.

This time tracking module will be published next month, as we are changin website.

Pease, could you explain a bit more about ticket interaction?

Sure, what I would like to see is rather basic however there is literally nothing that does it and includes the billing side of things.

This would be used mainly for tracking computer troubleshooting jobs. although this can be used for much more.

The plan would be to use the WHMCS included support ticket / helpdesk system.

Let say a user emails to helpdesk@domain.com saying they have a computer issue, they get the automated prompts etc etc. its logged into WHMCS under that clients name.

I spend 2 hours fixing the computer, so in the ticket response i write "fixed computer ......." and record the time spent as 2 hours. The job remains open and the user has another issue, i then make another change and add an extra 30 mins. This time its all fixed.

The job is done, they have 2.5 hours total, i close the ticket and it generates an invoice. They may view this job in their account history.

Thats about it really.

I guess you would need another field that is set on the clients account where you can choose the hourly rate, service level type etc.

This may be as simple as Standard Rate $150 After hours Rate = $225 per hour, you simply select this from a drop down when adding time.

Another client may be on a lower hourly rate Standard rate - $90.

In the end its just Time x Clients rate.

I'm sure there are a lot of guys in web design that bill by the hour or 15 min block.

This would be such a time saver, willing to pay $$$ for this to be implemented.

Thanks for the explanation, but I think you are talking about two different concepts:

whmcs' own ticket system has already an option to charge your customer based on ticket issues (see 3rd parragraph at http://docs.whmcs.com/Support_Tickets#Add_Reply_tab)

My module works by selling support hours pack (pre-paid support) and then discounting the time spent every time an incidence is opened by the client by mail or phone.

This way, I make just one invoice for the whole hours pack, not for each time the customer asks for support

In reply to your post....

Yes that is also what we do, some clients have pre purchased hours, some are on maintenance so they don't pay by the hour and some are ad-hoc so they pay per 15 min block.

Yes looked into the billable items section however there is only an option to work out the $ value from what i can see?

I'd rather put down the hours times the hourly rate then working out the $ value for each update.

Unless there is another way this works?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi all. This module has become a bit outdated as of the last versions from whmcs.

I'm rebuilding it right now to become a true whmcs 4.x addon so I doesn't have to work in legacy mode.

I'll update this post when it's finisshed, maybe next week.

Regards ;-)

Great - I'm looking forward to hearing from you on when this will be available.

• 3 months later...