Disable sending of invoice emails automatically

Georges

Question

Is it possible to completely disable whcms from automatically sending invoice emails on new (created by an admin only or in general) orders ?

I tried to disabled any possible option under the configuration menu, but whmcs still immediately sends an email to the specified email address.

10 answers to this question

• WHMCS CEO

This is only possible if you run the invoice generation manually from the admin homepage instead of using the cron job. When click the Generate Invoices button on the admin homepage you get a dialog asking if you want to send emails or not.

Matt

Thanks for your quick reply.

That works.

But what I meant is, when I, as an admin, add a new client, and (still as an admin ) add a new order to that client, whmcs sends an email to that client regarding a new invoice which has been created ("Customer Invoice").

What I want to know is if it's possible to disable sending that email automatically ?

• WHMCS CEO

Ah ok, yes, to avoid that you must set the user to PayPal Subscriptions when adding the order. This way no invoice is generated and therefore no email sent about it. As PPH rightly says, you can prevent the order confirmation email being sent via a tickbox. Then once the order is added, you can edit the account and set the correct next due date and payment method so an invoice will be generated when it is next due.

Matt

PPH: Thanks, but by default that checkbox ("Send Order Confirmation to Client when Completing Order") is unchecked, and I still get the before mentioned email. When I do check the checkbox, I get two emails:

"Order Confirmation"

"Customer Invoice"

Matt: I set the payment method to the actual one, "Bank Transfer". When I set it to "PayPal Subscriptions" as you suggest, whmcs doesn't send an email to the client anymore :-).

So is it a bug that it still sends an email even if the checkbox isn't checked ?

Thank you both for your quick replies :-)