can we set different rates for different clients

naveen3

Question

hello,

I am owner of few hosting sites and want to buy ur software for min 3 sites (3 copies)

From last few days i am reviewing this product, interface and features are really good.

Question for first site -

my question is - can we set different rates for different clients for one product.

like I sale 100 mb windows shared plan on my site in USD 25 per year

but i have a lot of friends , i give same product to them in less amount(usd 15) and i am also giving more cheap rates to some NGOs (in usd 7).

I do not want to give / use coupons again and again, because these rates are fix for them - life long

same rates for 1 , 2 or 20 package (like most friends buys same packages again and again, some of them having upto 30, and they are not resellers at all) they buying same package in same rates from last 4 years.

also i have made some package for specific customer only, can we made this in ur system (may be ur hide option in add product package will work, but in that case i cant remember what package was for whom.).

Question for Second site -

On this site i am selling domain in discounted rate -i.e. if domain costs me 6.45$ - i am selling it in 3$

but it is must for buyer to purchase some(any of listed) hosting account with that domain.

Is there any way i can set that type of package in ur application.

Regards

Naveen

7 answers to this question

Question for first site -

my question is - can we set different rates for different clients for one product.

but i have a lot of friends , i give same product to them in less amount(usd 15) and i am also giving more cheap rates to some NGOs (in usd 7).

I do not want to give / use coupons again and again, because these rates are fix for them - life long

same rates for 1 , 2 or 20 package (like most friends buys same packages again and again, some of them having upto 30, and they are not resellers at all) they buying same package in same rates from last 4 years.

The answer to this would be no to my knowledge. The best way to come close to what you are looking for is to create coupons for the amount off of the price, and have your friends enter that coupon code.

On this site i am selling domain in discounted rate -i.e. if domain costs me 6.45$ - i am selling it in 3$

but it is must for buyer to purchase some(any of listed) hosting account with that domain.

Not totally sure because I do not sell domains...

• WHMCS CEO

The way to do this would be to create hidden products, and then only give the links to order these products to your clients. To automate this, you could add a custom field to the client where you enter their custom order links and then set this to display in the client area.

Regards

Naveen

I think for this you would need to use the free domain feature. With that, you could setup a product that comes with a free domain and then include the $3 for the domain in the product cost. This way, it would ensure only if they order a product too will they get the domain at that price. Otherwise, if they tried to order a domain on its own it would be charged at the full regular domain price you set.

Matt

Thanks Matt

but in that case - i need to recreate multiple accounts , againg and again for each customer.

Though ur - duplicate product will help me lot - let me work around for it.

Also is there any way for for this situation -

I also provide custom web/mail hosting and development solutions to my customers (normaly they visits my office , not the webisite)

cost varies work to work, so i do not want to make some package/product for them in the system,

I only want to make invoice for them BUT THIS INVOICE WILL BE RECURRING NOT ONE TIME, i checked create invoice option, but it is one time, no options for recurring.

Regards

Naveen

• WHMCS CEO

Hi Naveen,

Yes, you can do that. All you have to do is setup a product on the clients account, then set the pricing and billing cycle frequency on that product. You can modify the price a client pays on a per client basis so there would be no need to setup a product for each one. That's how you would generate recurring charges for the client.

Matt