How to calculate $_SESSION['upw']

jsemmanuel

I am designing a form which can be embeddable in a webpage and will take the customers directly to a server management panel. I want to be able to login to whmcs directly through this. (I tried passing to dologin.php?goto=mypage, but that does not seem to work.)

I am now trying to set

$_SESSION['loggedinstatus'] = 'true';

$_SESSION['uid'] = $login_uid;

$_SESSION['upw'] = $encpwd;

I figured out what the first two are for. How do I generate the upw?

I know the passwords are stored as md5hash:salt in the database, but on a normal login to whmcs, the upw does not match anything I try. Is the algorithm documented somewhere?

I am designing a form which can be embeddable in a webpage and will take the customers directly to a server management panel. I want to be able to login to whmcs directly through this. (I tried passing to dologin.php?goto=mypage, but that does not seem to work.)

I am now trying to set

$_SESSION['loggedinstatus'] = 'true';

$_SESSION['uid'] = $login_uid;

$_SESSION['upw'] = $encpwd;

I figured out what the first two are for. How do I generate the upw?

I know the passwords are stored as md5hash:salt in the database, but on a normal login to whmcs, the upw does not match anything I try. Is the algorithm documented somewhere?

You have to use the api to encrypt and decrypt password:

http://wiki.whmcs.com/API:Encrypt_Password

http://wiki.whmcs.com/API:Decrypt_Password (don't think this works now the passwords are irreversible, however you shouldn't need this for what you want)

I don't think the salt is available for security reasons.

Ben