Viewing client cc numbers

rbro

Question

Can someone clarify this:

It is not possible to see the full credit card number of a client unless you are using Offline CC Processing

Clients can view the card details they currently have on record with you and update them from the client area at any time

Bottom line. Can I view client's credit card numbers by logging in as the client? Is there any other way to view them? I use Authorizenet. Please explain the encryption/decryption used. Is it similar to Modernbill?

5 answers to this question

WHMCS does store CC details for clients.

If you had searched you would have ran across this topic: Credit Card information storing

I'm sorry, but this makes absolutely no sense. As you stated and as stated in the thread you reference, WHMCS DOES store CC details for clients. So your question: "how can you view something that is not stored?" makes no sense. Was this a typo on your part, perhaps? I sent in a ticket and Matt answered that the data is encrypted for security reasons. This makese sense, however I thought as in Modernbill, there would be some kind of key to allow the admin to view the full cc number. I occasionally do this when searching for chargebacks etc. Can the full credit card number at least be searched for?