Force Template for User

Chris Poulter

This one is fairly straightfoward - I would like to be able to force a template for particular users. Can anyone think of the easiest way of doing this?

To eloborate - there is a main site, and another child site which currently uses its own ordering system which I would like to switch to WHMCS. Having the main site URL come up during ordering isn't a problem, and I have already made a template for the child site in WHMCS. However as the control panels (ie templates) for the two sites are quite different, I need to make sure that customers from the child site do see their control panel, and not the main site control panel.

All the best,

Chris

I have never tried but I think the smarty tag {$clientsdetails.groupid} can be used to get the clients group id and it could be done easily. You can set the clients to different groups then make the tpl show what you want based on that as in

{if $clientsdetails.groupid eq '1'}

show this 

{elseif $clientsdetails.groupid eq '2'}

then show this

{else}

show default

{/if}

Edited by tomdchi