Adding client fields to payment gateway and client details

vandelay

Hi,

I would like to add custom client details to both where the client can edit them, and also use them in my custom payment gateway.

For example: I have a credit card company that requires the Social Security Number of the person who's paying. Therefore, I have to add a client custom field for the client, and then use it when he pays (either by taking it from his client details, or by letting him enter the field).

After having this, I need to have access to this field from the payment gateway's "capture" function.

Help anybody?

Does anyone have examples of this?

Thanks alot 8)

Hi,

I would like to add custom client details to both where the client can edit them, and also use them in my custom payment gateway.

For example: I have a credit card company that requires the Social Security Number of the person who's paying. Therefore, I have to add a client custom field for the client, and then use it when he pays (either by taking it from his client details, or by letting him enter the field).

After having this, I need to have access to this field from the payment gateway's "capture" function.

Help anybody?

Does anyone have examples of this?

Thanks alot 8)

This sounds very strange. With the new PCI rules you must make sure that you are compliant before you can store any of this information. The PCI process is long, and expensive.

I personally would not give you any of this information.

Do you only do business in the US? Not every country uses social security numbers.

Thank you for your reply.

No no, this is not what I meant. I do not intend to store these details for the long term. These details are required by the credit card.

Take another example: I would like to store the user's cellular phone number. This detail has nothing to do with the PCI DSS, yet I haven't found any reference in WHMCS as to how to store it in the client details, and how to pull it when I capture his credit card details.

Thank you for your reply.

No no, this is not what I meant. I do not intend to store these details for the long term. These details are required by the credit card.

Take another example: I would like to store the user's cellular phone number. This detail has nothing to do with the PCI DSS, yet I haven't found any reference in WHMCS as to how to store it in the client details, and how to pull it when I capture his credit card details.

I still probably don't understand because I have been using my credit cards on line to pay for things and have never been asked for my social security number in order to proceed with the process. Which credit card company wants you to do this? I would at this point make sure that I would never open an account with them.