Add-ons and payment methods questions

rbro

Question

I see I can create add-ons with individual billing cycles. A few questions:

1. What happens if I have a client with a monthly hosting account and he wants to add an add-on with a quarterly or annual cycle (or vice-versa). How does that get summed up and invoiced?

2. How do I handle add-ons with billing per quantity, i.e. bandwidth and disk space, where the billing cycle amount will vary depending on quantity chosen?

payment methods

I see the order form can list the payment methods, but it lists the processor, like authorizenet etc. Can that be modified to just say "Visa, MC, American Express" since many of my clients won't know or care what authorizenet is. Even just "pay by credit card" and "pay by check" would suffice.

6 answers to this question

I see I can create add-ons with individual billing cycles. A few questions:

1. What happens if I have a client with a monthly hosting account and he wants to add an add-on with a quarterly or annual cycle (or vice-versa). How does that get summed up and invoiced?

2. How do I handle add-ons with billing per quantity, i.e. bandwidth and disk space, where the billing cycle amount will vary depending on quantity chosen?

payment methods

I see the order form can list the payment methods, but it lists the processor, like authorizenet etc. Can that be modified to just say "Visa, MC, American Express" since many of my clients won't know or care what authorizenet is. Even just "pay by credit card" and "pay by check" would suffice.

1. I believe the addons are billed accordingly with the package it is associated with.

2. This would be under the configurable options menu. Setup so that say 100 M extra costs this much. You would just setup different values with different prices.

3. You can customize the payment name in signup to what ever you would like.

1. I believe the addons are billed accordingly with the package it is associated with.

2. This would be under the configurable options menu. Setup so that say 100 M extra costs this much. You would just setup different values with different prices.

3. You can customize the payment name in signup to what ever you would like.

I sent in a ticket and got a response back from Matt on some of these as well. I guess I would need to create a separate add-on for each increment I want to bill. So 1GB disk space, 5GB disk space etc. each needs its own separate add-on. That can get a bit cumbersome,and a bit out of hand on an order form. How are other users dealing with disk space and bandwidth on the order form? Also, can you point me to where I can modify the "payment name", so instead of "authorizenet", it says something like "pay by credit card"?

You edit the payment gateway names displayed in Configuration > Payment Gateways.

OK, thanks. And if someone wants to pay by check/money order, how/where do I define that as an option to appear in the order form?

Never mind. "Mail in Payment". Found it.