Presale Questions...

jasonkw

Question

Hi,

We're currently using WHM Autopilot but have been investigating about switching billing solutions. We have several main requirements and I have several questions about them:

1) PSiGate Support

-- does this use their recurring billing module or does it store credit cards on our server?

-- does it support PSiGate's new platform or the old one?

2) Shareasale Integration

-- main requirement here is that the order confirmation page can be modified and can pass total cost of package plus transaction number to shareasale via an transparent GIF. Does WHMCS allow that?

3) Non-Hosting Products

-- I see WHMCS can bill for non-hosting products. How well would this work for VoIP and telephone service billing?

Thanks in advance.

- Jason

7 answers to this question

• WHMCS CEO

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your interest in WHMCS. To answer your questions:

1. With PSiGate, WHMCS does not use their recurring system. The credit card details are stored on your server and charges processed when they are due automatically by WHMCS.

2. You can customise the order confirmation page and do this very easily from the template files.

3. WHMCS works with any types of product. Not sure what you're expecting in particular for this but I think you would probably need to utilise the custom fields features to collect the specific data you require from your customers for this service.

Matt

Hmm...OK. What encryption is used by WHMCS? Is it secure enough? I was always hesitant about storing credit card numbers ourselves...even though our servers have never been compromised and are generally well-secured.

Is it easy to switch from the PSiGate recurring module to WHMCS? We currently use Autopilot - how easy is the transfer?

Additionally, do you support PSiGate's new billing platform?

Thanks for your help. Looking forward to switching.

• WHMCS CEO
Hmm...OK. What encryption is used by WHMCS? Is it secure enough? I was always hesitant about storing credit card numbers ourselves...even though our servers have never been compromised and are generally well-secured.

AES Encrypt is used to encrypt credit card data in the WHMCS database.

Is it easy to switch from the PSiGate recurring module to WHMCS? We currently use Autopilot - how easy is the transfer?

Can't answer this one. I'm not sure what would be required. I would presume that you would need to cancel any automated payments - however, if they're already setup you might aswell let them remain paying automated and mark the invoices paid manually when their payments are received.

Additionally, do you support PSiGate's new billing platform?

Not sure? The module works with the current PSiGate system. I am unaware of any future changes they may be making.

Thanks Matt.

They told me that if you integrated using these docs posted here it's the "new system":

psigate.com/pages/techsupport.asp?lang=EN&s=5&p1=68

They're running the old platform and the new one at the same time and want to get as many users off of the old platform as possible.

Did you create the module using the API docs posted on the link above?

Thanks for your help. I'm going to try it out tonight.

- Jason