General Requests

welch

I am not for sure if it is the lack of knowledge or increase in requests. I am starting to notice alot of requests for software additions that can be accomplished by either coding your own plugin or working with the templates to add your own code. Though the software is called WHM Complete Solution, does not mean it will have every feature you wanted added and integrated. Matt works best on adding popular requests, but alot of them can be coded in with a little work which makes WHMCS really nice. Maybe instead of new additions there should be more information for people who are asking all these requests.

The thing a lot of people don't realise is that Matt is the only coder, people I have spoken to think WHMCS has a strong crew as large as ModernBill. Why? The product is as good, if not better that ModernBill.

As the community grows, I am pretty sure their will be expert coders who will join in and start creating addons for WHMCS and set them at their own prices, I believe it has already started!

I am not for sure if it is the lack of knowledge or increase in requests. I am starting to notice alot of requests for software additions that can be accomplished by either coding your own plugin or working with the templates to add your own code.

Umm if I knew how to properly code in PHP I wouldnt be using a third party billing software. I'd make my own

Though the software is called WHM Complete Solution, does not mean it will have every feature you wanted added and integrated.

Well then get rid of the feature request forums if you dont want people making request. No one is holding a gun to anyones head and saying "make this feature'

Matt works best on adding popular requests, but alot of them can be coded in with a little work which makes WHMCS really nice.

Once again 95% of the users wouldn't be able to do this.

I am not for sure if it is the lack of knowledge or increase in requests. I am starting to notice alot of requests for software additions that can be accomplished by either coding your own plugin or working with the templates to add your own code.

Umm if I knew how to properly code in PHP I wouldnt be using a third party billing software. I'd make my own

Though the software is called WHM Complete Solution, does not mean it will have every feature you wanted added and integrated.

Well then get rid of the feature request forums if you dont want people making request. No one is holding a gun to anyones head and saying "make this feature'

Matt works best on adding popular requests, but alot of them can be coded in with a little work which makes WHMCS really nice.

Once again 95% of the users wouldn't be able to do this.

By no means am I saying feature requests bad. But I guess since I know Matt is the only coder, he is recieving alot of feature requests that if taken a little time to read the manual, one itself could complete. As far as if someone knows PHP they would just code something themself... is quite absurb becaues if that was the case applied horizontally and vertically... consulting and outsourcing would not exist. It just saves time and trouble to outsource some things. I know how to lay and install an HFC network but in no means are you going to see me out everyday installing it. I just made the post to bring up that maybe the resources for different requests could be made clearer so that more people, the average joe, could right something... and maybe a little sympathy for Matt.