Domain Registration & Payment Gateway

bjohnson

Hi;

I would like to be able to restrict the payment gateways available for domain registrations. I currently have Mail in Payment and Paypal setup. For most products, I would like both available to my client. However, when ordering a domain, I don't want the Mail in Payment available as the domain won't get registered till I receive payment. By then, it could be taken by someone else.

Is there a location I'm missing where I can select the payment gateways for domain registrations?

If not, any suggestions on where I can add a statement while the client is ordering that states:

"If you are registering a domain and you choose the Mail in Payment option, your domain won't be registered until we receive payment. We are not responsible if the domain is not available when by the time your payment arrives. For immediate registration, please select an instant payment method."

Thanks

Brett

• 1 year later...

Thats actually true, paypal sucks with the chargeback, i once had a guy donate (pure donation, no sales of any gods) a few hundred dollars to my organization, this money went to server costs etc.. after a few weeks/month he/his wife/mom/whoever took the money back leaving me with a negative account of a few hundred euros.

I'd like to do that everywhere I've donated money, but only PayPal offer this awesome feature, absolutely free of charge.

So... A gateway per product would actually be a good idea.

(Should i have posted in the Feature Request forum?)

• 2 weeks later...