Misleading addon

mjdj1999

I was looking for an addon for WHMCS and I ran across this neat addon. The addon says that it is free but when you click on download like the other free addons it does not start the download process instead it brings you to a shopping cart to purchase it for $495.00. This guy didn't even provide a link to the product just to the cart. I just wanted to publish my 2 cents. I thought it was just misleading.

Where is the free addon that you are talking about?

http://www.whmcs.com/members/communityaddons.php?action=viewmod&id=43

Where does it say it's free?

Actionhooks triggered script allows you to install almost anything. Script identifies the product requested, selects the right pre-configured package, installs the files, creates and imports the database, inserts config into into the config file, then cleans up after itself. Configure any number of custom site structures for install, it selects the right one for the product that the customer purchases. Install configuration templates included for Joomla, Joomla with VirtueMart, CRELoaded, and WordPress. Commercial license, liberal terms, source is viewable. Requires WHMCS and Cpanel/WHM.

It does state it's a commercial license.

Where does it say it's free?

It does state it's a commercial license.

It does now. When I posted this it did not say commercial.

However, someone just changed it to commercial.

Type: Commercial Action Hook - Supported Versions: 4.0

I had created a support ticket at the website that was selling the product and asked where the free one was. Here was their response.

]WHMCS changed their listing categories and classifications. That word "free" was NOT there when we originally submitted the ActionHook to their directory - it appears to have been added during the site modifications they did within the last month or so. We have written to them to ask them how to change that. Thanks for bringing it to our attention, we'd hate to give an inaccurate impression.

As to the pricing, it was an expensive piece of software to develop (and continues to be, since we are actively improving it continually). And it MAKES money for every person who uses it. It is tremendously flexible, and does an incredible amount of work automatically that would normally have to be done manually. We are getting overwhelmingly positive feedback from those who use it, because they can use it to install ANYTHING, and to personalize the installations.

Thanks again for pointing out the problem in the listing.

Laura

Firelight Web Studio

Edited by mjdj1999