A few pre sale questions.

CynProWeb

Question

Well I've been using WHMAP now for a while, and it just doesn’t cut if for me. A few features are lacking such as the ability to bill for services other then web hosting (tutorials, web design and such).

I've been fooling with demo versions of:

Modernbill 5.1

Hate it, buggy, trashy, VERY user un-friendly, too much - Need to do this before you can do that provided this was done but only after that just before clicking on this and uploading that. Don't forget to add your widgets.

Modernbill 4.4

Great software, has the ability to do what I need, stable and well respected, easy setup, a it difficult to integrate into my sites theme but I found out afterwards you can wrap your site with the demo version. I've heard about the support nightmares, but I usually don’t submit support tickets to begin with as I tend to find my way around software very quickly. But when you need support, it better be there.

WHMCS 3

Great software, love the built in support features for clients, user friendly, easy setup, EXTREMLY EASY integration, does what I need it to do and so on.

To make a long story short, I think I've found my billing solutions with WHMCS. The questions I have are as follows.

1) If I purchase an owned license (branded) can I pay an upgrade fee to remove the branding at a later date?

2) I've noticed there’s no need to enter a WHM Remote Access Key in the demo. Is this just the demo mode, or is it not required at all?

3) I've been playing around with the demo, trying to integrate it into my site (to ensure it fits well, and it does) but have a minor issue with the default background colour. Can this be changed somewhere from the default light grey to another colour?

4) Are there any modules to integrate live chat or another support system such as Kayako or Intellodesk?

5) Are there any plans for a future overhaul on the user interface on the client side? This is one thing I believe allot of improvements can be made.

Regards,

CynProWeb

3 answers to this question

Howdy,

1) If I purchase an owned license (branded) can I pay an upgrade fee to remove the branding at a later date?

Yes, I think a Powered By Line branding is $74.95 (one time fee)

2) I've noticed there’s no need to enter a WHM Remote Access Key in the demo. Is this just the demo mode, or is it not required at all?

WHMCS, doesn't need to use a WHM Remote Access Key. All you have to do is enter in the username and password for WHM. WHM is very easy to get along as the links are something like wwwacct?domain=google.com&user=google&password=blah Using this method gives us more options then using a WHM Remote Access Key.

3) I've been playing around with the demo, trying to integrate it into my site (to ensure it fits well, and it does) but have a minor issue with the default background colour. Can this be changed somewhere from the default light grey to another colour?

Yes, the whole client side can be edited. Most if which is in the .tpl files lcoated in /whmcs/templates/default/. You should also check out the css style as that could be your problem.

4) Are there any modules to integrate live chat or another support system such as Kayako or Intellodesk?

I wish. I currently use Kayako for all my emails and support. Theirs a post around here some where asking WHMCS and Kayako to team up and combined both of those two software together. But I highly doubt it will ever been done.

5) Are there any plans for a future overhaul on the user interface on the client side? This is one thing I believe allot of improvements can be made.

Not that I know of. Most of WHMCS is all encoded except for the client side (only downside of WHMCS) which you can add your own template and PHP code.

Hope that answers your questions.

From,

Adam

To do this, edit the style.css file. You need to either change or remove the "background-color:#EFEFEF;" line for body, it's right at the top.

To do this, edit the style.css file. You need to either change or remove the "background-color:#EFEFEF;" line for body, it's right at the top.

I found that just after I asked the question. Thanks fo the reply though! its apreciated!