stop payment reminder emails for a special payment gateway

HerrZ

• 3 months later...

Thanks for replying.

I'm in contact with support but they don't think it's a bug, they say it's a problem with my custom gateway. As there's no f***ing documentation about gateways modules, I can do nothing.

Of course it is a bug. If the customer chooses "direct debit" payment or "call-me-anyway-you-like" payment, they should NEVER receive an email about a credit card failure.

I'm still hanging up for support answer

actually its not a bug. the direct debit is an additional payment gateway, a feature.

and if there is somebody who creates NEW addons he must look for the consequences.

anyway there should be an option to deaktivate emailreminding for special payment gateways.

I don't fully agree with you.

If we think in a bug as an unexpected behavior of the application, this is it, because you're creating a new payment gateway and it works like that is a credit card one. Anyway I can't be sure because all I know about gateway modules is what I've read in the forums, as theres no real documentation and everybody tries to to their best for a custom development.

Malformed payment gateways are themself a consequence of a lack of documentation, but that's nor reason for unstopable emails generations, even when there are already two checkboxes to stop emails like this going on.

I'll post again if I get an answer from support.

• 1 month later...