How Paypal Invoices work?

dannygoh

Hi,

I would like to know the flow WHMCS work with Paypal Invoices.

1) I active paypal invoices. I set "Enable Currency Conversion" to YES and Conversion Rate to "2". On Paypal, I enable IPN and leave the URL blank as suggested.

2) My client pay using paypal invoice and redirect to paypal. The currency is converted correctly and made the payment.

I look at "Gateway Log" and I have the "debug data" (impressive), but how do WHMCS capture this data because I do not set the IPN URL?

The above data then pass to the invoice of the order. The amount pass to the invoices is only the converted currency. So the invoice is not paid in full. How do I make full payment of the invoice.

• WHMCS CEO
My client pay using paypal invoice and redirect to paypal. The currency is converted correctly and made the payment.

I look at "Gateway Log" and I have the "debug data" (impressive), but how do WHMCS capture this data because I do not set the IPN URL?

It's magic! :) The real reason is WHMCS tells PayPal where to send it when sending the user to make payment.

The above data then pass to the invoice of the order. The amount pass to the invoices is only the converted currency. So the invoice is not paid in full. How do I make full payment of the invoice.

Now I think about it, this is what will happen as WHMCS applies the amount paid to an invoice thus allowing for partial payments which in this scenario, WHMCS assumes it is. You will need to contact me for a custom modification for this.

Matt