Confused, next due date stuff..

CrustyDOD

Right, i setup a few hosting packages and domains. For each hosting package i have paying options set for recurring, 3 months, 6 and 12. For domains i have 1, 2, 5 and 10 years.

If i do test run for domain or hosting package, Next Due Date is set on the day of order?

For domains, if i register domain for 1 year, Registration Date and Next Due Date are set on the same date in this case today. Expiry Date is empty.

So the question would really be what on earth is the point of Next Due date for domains and hosting and Expiry Date for domains if they are the same as registration date or in Expiry Date case, empty?

Do they have any functions if they are changed or what?

Edit: Kinda forgot, whats the point of secret transfer code for domains if you cannot view it anywhere? Or can you?

• WHMCS CEO
So the question would really be what on earth is the point of Next Due date for domains and hosting and Expiry Date for domains if they are the same as registration date or in Expiry Date case, empty?

Who says the next due date is the same day as the next due date the client pays. What if the domain is minimum registration of 2 years but you bill the client every 1 year? Also, what if you don't want to bill the client for the domain but still want reminding when it needs renewing?

Edit: Kinda forgot, whats the point of secret transfer code for domains if you cannot view it anywhere? Or can you?

Of course, otherwise there would be no point like you say. It's in the order details.