Integrating Kayako Support into WHMCS - Look and Feel?

JumpNetwork

Hello,

1. If I integrate Kayako into WHMCS for the support module, is it possible to ONLY integrate the Ticket side, so all KB, Downloads are still handled by WHMCS?
  2. If I implement Kayako, do I have all the email forwards (for piping) directed to Kayako or WHMCS?
  3. Staff Replies, do they reply through WHMCS Admin or Kayao Staff Area?
  4. If the customer logs into WHMCS, then clicks on My Support Tickets, do they see all their tickets there? Can they reply from there? Or can they only Reply from Email?
  5. If Customers Login to WHMCS< do they get to see their tickets in different departments like they do in a Kayako Installation, or does it still have the WHMCS Layour for tickets?
  6. What happens with the Pre Sales Contact Us Ticket? Is that still handled via WHMCS, or does that change to Kayako too?

Does any one here have the Kayako Installation Integrated in WHMCS, that I can have a look at to see what the customer end looks like?

Thanks, Chris.

Edited by JumpNetwork

1) Don't believe so.

2) Kayako.

3) Kayako.

4) Clients can see/manage their tickets from within WHMCS.

5) Unsure what you really mean here. They see their tickets.

6) Unsure.

Customer's end looks like your WHMCS these wrapped around Kayako's, though you can probably modify it by modifying the kayako template file(s).

Hi, Thanks for that.

Do you know if it is possible, when there is a ticket reply, that there can be a link, that will log customers into WHMCS, and it will open the Ticket right up?

What I mean, is that when a staff reply has been made Kayako and WHMCS Tickets will send a email, and it will have a link for the customer to click on, and this link will open either Kayako or WHMCS up, and show them the ticket right away.

What I will do, is force all customers to ONLY use WHMCS (I will actually, disable the kayako index.php file, and put a redirect to the WHMCS index file).

However, I know how to edit the kayako staff reply files, and I want to have a link that will open WHMCS up, but then display the kayako ticket that was replied to?

Do you know if that is possible?

Hi Chris,

(1) Yes it is possible; we accomplished this by going to the /whmcs root/modules/support/kayako/

We renamed the following:

downloads.php to downloads.php.org

announcements.php to announcements.php.org

knowledgebase.php to knowledgebase.php.org

By doing this, it allows us to utilize WHMCS Downloads, Announcements and Knowledgebase but Kayako's Ticketing System.

Our Clients have access to their tickets via the Client Portal only! We have disabled the kayako login access.

(2) We have our Support emails piped to kayako and not WHMCS (we even have our Contact Us email forward to the support email (do this in Admin Portal WHMCS) so our Support Team can either respond or send it to our Sales Team.

(3) Kayako Staff

(4) Yes they can see and reply to their Tickets (We have disabled the Client's ability to change their emails since Kayako/WHMCS shares this email. They have to open a Sales Ticket to make this change and our Sales Team can update the Clients email address for their tickets - sometimes it is time consuming but the only option we have found.)

(5) Yes, they can see all of their Tickets and the Department that the Tickets are assigned to.

(6) See #2; we have our Contact Us sent to our Primary Support Email addy that is piped to our Kayako; since our Support Team is 24/7 and our Sales Team is not; it allows our Support Team to respond to the Sender and if necessary, forward it to our Sales Team and telling the Sender that our Sales Team will respond as soon as possible during business hours.

Cheers!

Edited by rodeoXtreme

Hello,

Thanks for your detailed reply, that makes heaps of sense. A couple of questions though,

your point:

1) You disabled the kayako login access... so does that mean, if your customer goes directly to your kayako site, not whmcs (eg, domain.com/kayako instead of domain.com/whmcs) that they can not log in? And then forcing them back to WHMCS to log in to read the tickets?

If so, how did you do that? i was just going to rename the domain.com/kayako/index.php to another name, create a redirect index.html file in that folder redirecting to the whmcs folder.

2) How did you change the Contact us - Presales email to send to kayako instead of the internal whmcs ticket system?

Also, some more questions of mine, I will use alphabet to indicate different questions since using numbers above.

A) If I decide to acutally utalise KB, and Downloads from Kayako in WHMCS does it have the same look and feel of kayako? Will Kayako Announcements also come through as Announcements in WHMCS?

B) Do you also know, if there is a way in WHMCS Admin area, to (if i utalise the entire kayako support) to change links in the admin section?

eg, Announcements, KB, Downloads, Tickets will all direct to the staff kayako page, but network issues will still work? As Network issues is a whmcs only section?

Thanks, Chris.

Hi Chris,

(1) We use the WHMCS module in Kayako Admin area (Templates > LoginShare > WHMCS - Integration Placeholder Only (Not for direct logins)). I believe that this will disable the use of the Kayako login.

(2) to change the Contact Us email. Go to your WHMCS Admin >> Setup >> General Settings and select the "Mail" Tab; scroll down; Presales Form Destination - we kept as default "...or send to email address below". We then added our support email address that we use for Kayako.

A) If you choose to use Kayako, it will have the same look as you would see in kayako. I am not positive but I do believe that the login box will not show.

B) We added customized links to take our Support Team to the Staff Area for Kayako; we have not bothered to try to integrate any Dashboard information within Kayako.

The Network Issues page is still utilized by WHMCS. We only utilize the Ticketing System of Kayako; if we had not invested a tremendous amount of time training our Staff on Kayako and developing a Training Manual we would switch our Ticketing System from Kayako to WHMCS.

Hope this helps.