Stable or not, upgrade or move first?

addeacher

Is v3 stable release or not i got no email that it was or see no sign that it is except for http://www.whmcs.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2501

I log into client area but no where to download not even to download 2.5.8

2) Also if moving whmcs to new domain do you suggest upgrade first or upgrade after?

3) What needs to be taken into consideration when moving from one domain to another is the process as simple as backup the database move the db to new domains and file, also this will be new location differ from old location.

then change the location within whmcs also i notice on the license in whmcs client area it has paths and ip etc do i just simple update these info in the client area?

• WHMCS CEO

An official announcement will be made later today about the V3 release which is when people should officially begin upgrading. It is however available in the client area and you may upgrade now if you want.

It really doesn't make any difference in what order you move your system to a new domain, just do it in whichever order is least work for you. You will need to reissue your license after the move is complete.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there,

First let me say sorry for hijackin this post but i really didn't want to start another topic.. Regarding Moving a WHMCS, I have an existing whmcs installed in a subdomain and now whould like to change it to another subdomain withing the same domain (eg:"billing.somedomain.com" to "clients.somedomain.com") so same db will be used. I'm just wondering what some of the other repercusions might be during the move.. configuration edits & stuff. Could anyone provide a heads up on what i may be running into, we're using v3 :)

Cheers.. 8)

• WHMCS CEO

There won't be any problems with WHMCS and its operations. However, one thing that people often forget is that if you've had any PayPal Subscriptions created while it's installed in its current location then once you change it, WHMCS will not be notified when payments for these occur. They would therefore need to be marked paid manually.

Matt

Wholey!!!

Matt that was fast!!!, your support of WHMCS is alway's astowning :D

Neway's to be honest my whmcs is a little amiss atm :( not in anyway related to whmcs, moreso due to the operator ;)

At anyrate i thought do a fresh start with the same db, there's really not alot of clients hooked in yet anyway so thank's for the info.. i can just move it over & "You will need to reissue your license after the move is complete" and all should be well?

Cheers.. 8)