add on module that automatically control dedicated servers

WE are just about finished with an add on module that will control dedicated servers from the product page just as web hosting accounts are controlled. IT is automated and will suspend the server at the switch when a customer doesnt pay and unsuspend when they do. This module also compliles bandwidth usage from a cacti server, the data is captured on a rolling month which means that the date the server was delivered is the date the data rolls over every month ( we may have to adjust this due to invoices being generated 2 weeks in advance) or create a second invoice for additional bandwidth charges). A cron runs every nite before the main WHMCS cron runs and if a server is over its bandwidth limited it adds the bandwidth as a billable option, thus when the main cron runs and creates the monthly server invoice .. the billable options collected from cacti are added to the same invoice.

there will be other options like .. you can kill the server if it is over bandwdth, the system can send out warning emails to customer etc etc

we will have the module done in about a week or so and will be testing it before we release it. we have about 300 dedicated servers in the racks and we have made this module compatible with Dell and Cisco switches and Cisco routers. You will be able to modify the .ini file depending on the type switches your use. If anyone has any specific needs concerning this type of module please let us know as now is the time.

Please contact us and I will forward it to our in house development team.

highspeedweb.net

Very interesting.

I see you also offer VPSs - have you considered using this mod to track and bill for bandwidth used by your VPS customers? -- I use XenServer for my VPS clients - I have a cacti server setup which polls each VPS to track bandwidth. Right now I compare the monthly usage graphs with the transit purchased per client and manually bill if appropriate. I'd love to find an automated way of doing this.