WHMCS Mods - Unencrypted (98%) Price

OK...I agree with the encryption portion of software as well as full encryption. So, Mac brought up a good point on Kayako and the fact they unencrypted 98% and encrypt what is needed. I know I am not a reputable developer on WHMCS due to the fact I have not releases anything, and the fact no one physically knows me.

So, the question is this....

How much would you be willing to pay for an add-on for it to be unencrypted for you to 'mold' it to your needs? Lets say the Project Management is set at $34.99 for full encryption. What would you pay for it to be unencrypted except for license file and possible vars file? The rest is fully open to you for your needs, build, and wants.

I would say do as you wish with your code, encrypt it unencrypt it, if it's yours do what you wish, just expect feedback/questions when you are trying to sell an item...

Expect less sales and less "pirating" when you encrypt it.

unencrypted doesn't necessarily mean that the price should be higher, it just means that the people that are hesitant to purchase due to encrypting will not have the need to be hesitant.

I'm not going to comment specifically on the project management mod as the value today may change tomorrow depending on features/development.

You mentioned Licensing as well, this is another reason I do not purchase some mods that I would otherwise purchase(unless they have a proven track record), if a site goes down/dissapears or otherwise is unavailable then it can render your client area/addon section useless.

So basically you are limiting your sales to WHMCS users because it is an addon and then you are further limiting your sales because it is encrypted, and then even further reducing your sales because it is licensed...

Call me paranoid, but it is my duty/responsibility to minimize risk to my clients/business/website/data center, and not leave vulnerabilities in place.

I would also keep in mind your advertising in a "Discussion" Forum(to your competitors who don't like alot of their competitions' business practices to begin with). A big part of your trust will depend on how you convey your messages to your potential clients. It seems developers/mod-owners get offended when someone starts to discuss the facts about encryption.

My apologies for being long winded, I should probably lay off the energy drinks :-P

regardless of the mod unless i know the dev and or have a very long track record no mod is put on my site unless i pay to have it coded with out those two major things in place, so being encrypted or not doesnt really matter to a point its a matter of track record and offering a higher price for 98% un encrypted wouldnt thrill me either.