Adding existing clients and domains

wiwebhost

Ok... I've been searching for this and I don't think I've found the precise answer to the question I have.

I've successfully imported all our accounts from WHM into WHMCS (very cool).

I've also successfully added a couple of their domains using "Add new order".

Here's where I'm a bit confused.

We've been using a registrar that is not supported by whmcs to register domain names and are thinking about moving to Directi.. but I digress.

After entering the domain order, checking and making sure the expiration and due dates are in the system correctly... This is what I did as my next step:

I created an invoice for that client.... which was the total of the hosting+domain registration (as two line items on the created invoice). I then set the due date to the proper due date.

Now my question(s).

1. Is the system going to send out a proper invoice email at the proper time to the client?

2. Will this invoice be recurring properly? Do I need to set something to make this recurring?

3. What will need to be done differently when/if we transfer all the domains to Directi?

4. Is there anything else I need to do to set up the existing clients/domains properly in the system?

Thanks much for the help... I can see that this is going to be fantastic once set up and for new orders.... just need to cross the hurdle of getting existing clients in the system.

Dusty

ooooooooo

I need to look a little closer I guess... I think I've answered my own question.

Please correct/confirm what I've found.

I THINK that if go to "Products/Services" and put in the proper amount and due date, that it will send the reminder properly for the hosting....

THEN, if I do the same in the domain tab, it will send the proper communication likewise.

Right??

Question 3 and 4 still exist, but I think I've got 1 and 2 covered unless someone informs me otherwise.. :)

Thanks again!

Edit And I can also delete the invoice I created because WHMCS will automatically create one before the due date, right?

Oh my... to add more confusion......

This is a slightly separate issue I guess.. but since I'm going on.... I hope I don't confuse everything in this thread too much.

Since I imported the accounts from WHM... I've got a problem in the fact that there are numerous accounts that should be under the same client....

Let me clarify.

Import script imported things wonderfully, but all the accounts were imported as individual clients.

For example, there are 4 accounts in WHM that should be listed as accounts under ONE client in WHMCS. And they are all listed as individual clients now in WHMCS.

Is there an easy way to resolve this? Or am I going to have to manually enter the details for these accounts after the proper client is created in WHMCS?

Thanks again for allowing me to ramble.

Regards,

Dusty

Ok.. I'm really not this stupid.. but.....

I stepped away from the computer for a couple minutes... came back... and there magically was a link there that said "Transfer product to another client". Albiet it was a color that was hard to see...

Sooooo... this is turning out to be a blog of my experience getting WHMCS working for us... but hopefully it may serve to answer some questions for a newbie like me in the future....

Just my questions 3 & 4 remain from above...

Thanks again!

Dusty