A Few Addon Questions

Question

Hi

I'm considering purchasing WHMCS, but was wondering a bit about the addons.

Say I have a package with 100Mb webspace, and my client wanted an extra 50Mb (whether or not I had this as an addon), is it possible for me to increase this clients webspace without editing the full package for everyone? And if so, how and where?

I've had a look in the demo, but could figure this out.

Chris

9 answers to this question

Hi Chris,

You might as well wait for a reply by Matt but i'll let you know what i do right now.

I go and create a new package such as "name50MB" and then all people who want 50mb extra would go on that however customers aren't as simple as that are they, you might have to make custom plans to suit their needs.

Having said that, i am interested for an answer to the original question but in my opinion i think its unlikely.

Thanks,

Jay

yep

I agree with TJ make an addon for them or a few addons for extra space. Then all you have to is go into WHM and click on Quota modification and look for the account in question. Then change it to what ever and save and you are done. This is pretty easy to do.

I am pretty sure this is how you do it. Very simple if i am correct.

Matt is the expert though so he may have another way.

• WHMCS CEO

As a number of other users have suggested, currently you'd need to setup the addon for clients to order from their client area then modify their disk space quota manually. However, it is on the To Do list to implement automated disk space & bandwidth upgrades and is not far off being implemented.

Regards,

Matt

Well that is just one more step in making the system even better than it already is.

2.4 sounds like it is going to be great.

Yes i can't wait for 2.4 to come out. Its going to be really great, Matt going to tell us when you think it'll be released? :)

• WHMCS CEO

Hi,

Version 2.4 is due for release between the 10th & 15th of April depending on what errors the testing shows. However, not everything on the To Do list will be implemented in V2.4 so this feature may well not be available in V2.4. Sorry for any confusion.

Matt

Matt

I should probably put this in the feature request but it pertains to this subject.

If you can do this with the system how hard would it be to add the current usage of the bandwidth and storage that the client is using? Can you do like a bar graph or pie graph or something. (harder i am sure so text only would be good enuogh)

It would be nice if the customer could see this in there client area and if we could see this in the admin area?

Oh and what do you mean that this may not make the 2.4 build?

I thought you were like super programmer or something. I am sure you are not to busy to do all this stuff at one time.

Just Kidding i am sure that 2.4 will be great with all of the features that do make the list.