configurable options calculation error

jumonjii

Thought I'd post this here even though I mentioned it in the other thread.

When you choose the option to change plan, domain, etc. Or chose back on the browser and refresh, the calculation for configurable options switches.

Meaning, if you set an option for 25 cents in the admin section, it will show up as 3 dollars in the order form. If you change plans, or do the back refresh thing, the order page will show 25 cents in the config option section.

that is correct because refresh will start from scratch..meaning nothing. You should never really refresh an order screen anyway. Use the option to go back and reconfigure.

Choose a Package > Domain Options > Configure > Confirm Order > Checkout

those are actually links for you to click on and go back to what you want to change.....refresh is not the best thing to do. This is not a bug but a security measure and browser issue.

As for the .25 showing as $3...did you by chance select a yearly pay plan? that would equal $3

I am confused on this...My question to you was are you ordering at a yearly payment plan because that is the only way the .25 would show as $3 on the order.

When you place an order the amount is set "in stone" for payment. If I go back to the same item 2 days later and change the amount on something it will still show the original amount on the original order because that is how it was placed.

When you click on an option when ordering it will go back to basic setup because the system looks at this as new information. Clicking back on the browser within a PHP script that pulls data from previous screens is not the way to handle it. Matt has the system built to allow the user to go back and reconfigure the setup you wish without clicking back on the browser. You doing this is not the smart way to do an order, and scary at the same time.

Again, I am not sure what you are asking because you are stating a point without good details. It would be better to actually explain what you are doing by screen and clicks to get better support. You saying .25 and $3 here, $3 here and .25 there...confusing as all get out.

All in all....I do not believe this to be a bug. You also need to decide which post you want to discuss this on because you have this posted 2x getting answered on both.