PHP5 + Register Globals

Twobit

Question

Is there a way of running this on PHP5.2.0?

PHP Version .......... Passed

MySQL .......... Passed

Register Globals .......... WHMCS requires Register Globals to be On for it function correctly. These can be enabled in a .htaccess or php.ini file in your WHMCS Directory.

Configuration File .......... Passed

Attachments Folder Permissions .......... Passed

Downloads Folder Permissions .......... Passed

Templates Folder Permissions .......... Passed

Announcements RSS File .......... Passed

Error! Some Preinstallation Checks Failed. You must correct the errors above before you can continue with installation.

PHP5 does not support this function....

8 answers to this question

Hey - I was told that it is not supported by the hosting company who runs our services...

How would i enable this without root access? Running Apache 1.3.37 + PHP5.2.0...

thanks in advance!

If your hosting company says that you cant turn on register_globals, then your not going to be able to use WHMCS with that host. I highly suggest finding a new host.

Have you not tried the php.ini or .htaccess process yet? They can disable those from working, but that would not be the norm.

They say PHP5 does not support register_globals - i tried searching the net - nothing there.. They are happy to enable it, just they say its not possible... Do you have any links saying how to enable it?

I will look at a seperate account to host the WHMCS on - but atm funds are scarce as i want to get the "own" license to help this great product!

EDIT:

I created a php.ini file with

register_globals=On

in it and it went to stage 2 of the install.

Thanks.

Is there a better way? Host is not to keep to enable this on the server...

They say PHP5 does not support register_globals - i tried searching the net - nothing there.. They are happy to enable it, just they say its not possible... Do you have any links saying how to enable it?

I will look at a seperate account to host the WHMCS on - but atm funds are scarce as i want to get the "own" license to help this great product!

EDIT:

I created a php.ini file with

register_globals=On

in it and it went to stage 2 of the install.

Thanks.

Is there a better way? Host is not to keep to enable this on the server...

Actually you help the project more by leasing it in my opinion.

It looks like your host does not WANT do keep register_globals on, but as you saw, it was possible for it to work using that php.ini file. They keep lying to you by sayings its a php 5.2 limitation, but it is not.

I suppose leasing is better - as in the end they get more money.... And reduces my initial cost.

Yeah - ill try a .htaccess to enable it, but that was giving me error 500, which is when I asked the host.

Thanks a lot.

right, the htaccess setting might not work for you, thats why php.ini was suggested. I thought you said the php.ini file worked?