[NOT A BUG] Undocumented Feature or Normal Operation?

I am running WHMCS 4.0.2.

Here is the situation:

I added a client. I added their domain name and hosting package to their account. I added all history from the previous billing system and generated all due invoices. All good.

I noticed a typo in the payment information I entered when the domain name was paid for, so I deleted the payment at the bottom of the invoice page. I then added the payment back, ensuring I entered correct information.

Surprise, surprise, surprise. A few minutes later, I received an email saying that the domain renewal had been processed. When I looked, WHMCS had indeed processed the original order again. Why would it do that? Both the renewal and expiry dates were in 2010.

Just for the heck of it, I reduced the available funds in my eNom account so it couldn't automatically complete the transaction, and low and behold, it did it again after I did the same thing again.

• WHMCS CEO

Normal operation - every time you mark an invoice paid for a domain that is active, you invoke a domain renewal for that domain. If you need to adjust the transaction, you could have done that without deleting it from the transactions list either under a client or in the master transactions list.

Matt

Hang on a second. I didn't mark the invoice unpaid, it stayed PAID. All I did was to delete the payment details attached to the invoice. That shouldn't cause it to be set to UNPAID, and then get PAID again when adding payment details, right?

It's my understanding that invoice status (PAID, UNPAID) is different from the actual payment details.

• WHMCS CEO

You removed the transaction which originally marked it paid thus making the remaining balance positive again, and then re-applied the full amount due on the invoice which thus marked it paid for a second time.

Matt