Where is 'Logged in as Administrator...' template ?

yabado

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread. But I'm intergrating whcms with joomla with gohighers new integration mod. I have a problem with the css that controls Logged in as Administrator | Return to Admin Area not showing correctly. and would like to modify it or would be happy with a version with this deleted out thats zended. Is either possible please?

• 2 months later...
You can't alter that but there really should be no need.

Well... my template has its menu in the top right corner, and whenever I am logged in, half of it is hidden behind the admin area block. Arguably I could alter my template, and arguably it does not affect any customers BUT! I'd rather be able to move this admin area elsewhere on the page. Please don't hardcode the CSS (position if nothing else) even if the block itself is restricted :)

• 1 month later...
Well... my template has its menu in the top right corner, and whenever I am logged in, half of it is hidden behind the admin area block. Arguably I could alter my template, and arguably it does not affect any customers BUT! I'd rather be able to move this admin area elsewhere on the page. Please don't hardcode the CSS (position if nothing else) even if the block itself is restricted :)

I'm having the same problem...

• 1 month later...

The only thing I can think of is coming up with a jQuery hack to manipulate it.

You maybe able to do something like $("div[style*=absolute]") to select the actually box and manipulate it. Search google for jQuery inline style selections... you may find an answer.

Cheers!

Anyone come up with a solution?, It does not affect the client side but it does affect right now that I'm logged trying to change the client template and I cant log in as "client" because my Login is exactly below the Logged as Admin box.

I wouldn't like to start changing hard-coded stuff.

Mine is currently overlapping part of the client menu due to the way we've designed the client area.

My suggestion would be to inject the text and links for 'logged in as admin' into the client login box (welcome_box). This way, it's unlikely to ever get in anyone's way, since we all have set aside space for the welcome box anyway. Not only have we set aside space for the box already, but we expect it to change widths (different when logged in and logged out), so there should be plenty of room available for it.

Please allow this to be customized, not because we need to style it differently, but because we need to ensure it's out of the way of other elements in the client area that we have styled.

• 1 month later...

Please tell us a way to modify the CSS of this "Logged in as Administrator" menu. Everybody knows it has nothing to do with licenses and it annoyingly overlays on client area menu.

I tried to change its position with simple jQuery but all I could see afterwards was blank page, so I reverted back to the old ugly way, again.

Someone from WHMCS should understand that this is part of the UI and it needs to be able to modify it through CSS. Please assign class for this in your next release.

• 2 months later...
I don't think Matt cares since the only time its seen is when the admin is logged in. Clients don't see it so its a trivial complaint.

It is a trivial matter, and from looking at the source for the page this is what you get

<div style="position:absolute;top:0px;right:0px;padding:5px;background-color:#000066;font-family:Tahoma;font-size:11px;color:#ffffff">Logged in as Administrator | <a href="adl/" style="color:#6699ff">Return to Admin Area</a></div>

duplicate the css for the side_menu and rename it side_menuadmin

{if $loggedinadmin}

<div id="side_menuadmin">

{else}

<div id="side_menu">

{/if}

in the new #side_menuadmin css just add in a top-margin:30px; or whatever you need it to be for this will drop the div down when an admin is logged in and use the correct

$loggedinadmin may not be the correct variable to work it and could be confirmed by the whmcs team either way, but if it is then the above will do exactly what you need.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...