Paypal & 2CO subscription payment modules question?

vpsdavid

Hello,

As I see, there is Subscription ID filed on each products/services page.

Paypal

Let's say there is existing paypal subscription. If I input this subscription ID, will WHMCS track it from next payment? or does WHMCS track Subscription ID that is created by WHMCS?

What if subscription is cancelled by mistake at paypal, does whmcs have feature to recreate subscription? How does this work?

Also do I need to set IPN at paypal of WHMCS to track WHMCS's invoice and subscription? or even there is existing IPN at paypal, can WHMCS track invoice and subscription that is generated by WHMCS?

2CO

How about this on 2CO subscription? will it track from next payment if I input exiting ID?

What if subscription is cancelled by mistake at 2CO, does whmcs have feature to recreate subscription? How does this work?

Thank you.

• WHMCS CEO
Let's say there is existing paypal subscription. If I input this subscription ID, will WHMCS track it from next payment? or does WHMCS track Subscription ID that is created by WHMCS?

Yes, that is exactly what the field is for. As long as you can make the callback go to the WHMCS callback url, if the sub id is entered here WHMCS will be able to automatically handle it.

What if subscription is cancelled by mistake at paypal, does whmcs have feature to recreate subscription? How does this work?

As of V3, there is a recreate subscription link in the client area for each product and domain a client has.

Also do I need to set IPN at paypal of WHMCS to track WHMCS's invoice and subscription? or even there is existing IPN at paypal, can WHMCS track invoice and subscription that is generated by WHMCS?

IPN must be turned on, it doesn't necessarily need to have the url entered but if you want to track previously created subscriptions then yes.

How about this on 2CO subscription? will it track from next payment if I input exiting ID?

2CO subscriptions are not supported and will not be supported unfortunately due to the nature of their system.

so if existing subscription does not contain callback url for whmcs, even enter subscription ID on it, it will not track payment, correct?

so the way to track existing subscription without whmcs callback url, I need to set IPN at paypal for WHMCS url? correct?

What you are saying about entering subscription ID of 2CO manually is not going to work? If so, what is that filed for when selected 2CO recurring payment option on client section page?

"As of V3, there is a recreate subscription link in the client area for each product and domain a client has."

so if subscription is cancelled, next invoice will have new link for new subscription? and user need to recreate it through that link, correct?

Thank you.

so if existing subscription does not contain callback url for whmcs, even enter subscription ID on it, it will not track payment, correct?

so the way to track existing subscription without whmcs callback url, I need to set IPN at paypal for WHMCS url? correct?

Yes, you need to setup the IPN url on paypal website in order to have the Subscription ID marked as paid, when it does.

What you are saying about entering subscription ID of 2CO manually is not going to work? If so, what is that filed for when selected 2CO recurring payment option on client section page?

I don't use 2CO, but I know theirs a problem with it handling recurring subscriptions as their API for that is not so great.

"As of V3, there is a recreate subscription link in the client area for each product and domain a client has."

so if subscription is cancelled, next invoice will have new link for new subscription? and user need to recreate it through that link, correct?

Correct, you the admin or your staff will have to click a button, which will give your clients a new link, which then they have to go and click on. This will re-make the subscription with out leaving WHMCS.

From,

Adam

• WHMCS CEO

2CheckOut don't send any callbacks for recurring payments. Period. Therefore, there is no way for any billing system to ever know if a 2CO recurring payment occurs. This is unfortunately a major downside of the 2CO system as it cannot therefore be automated.

Paypal subscriptions:

Let's say we changed from another billing software to WHMCS and the subscription IPN was different, we know we can't change the callback URL unless we recreate the subscription. So we can just enter in the Paypal subscription number to have the invoices marked as paid?

This the same for manual invoices/subscriptions generated outside of whmcs?

Paypal subscriptions:

Let's say we changed from another billing software to WHMCS and the subscription IPN was different, we know we can't change the callback URL unless we recreate the subscription. So we can just enter in the Paypal subscription number to have the invoices marked as paid?

This the same for manual invoices/subscriptions generated outside of whmcs?

Hey,

In PayPal, just change the IPN url to the new location, and add the Subscription ID to your customer and next time they pay, it will be marked paid...

From,

Adam

so Matt, 2CO recurring module will not able to check recurring payment that is made by 2co recurring?

"""

2CheckOut don't send any callbacks for recurring payments. Period. Therefore, there is no way for any billing system to ever know if a 2CO recurring payment occurs. This is unfortunately a major downside of the 2CO system as it cannot therefore be automated.

"""

Then how 2CO recurring module checks every payment that is made by 2co subscription?

Let's say I activate 2CO recurring module and setup product ID on 2CO and input on twocheckout.php? what happen if client choose recurring 2CO payment? will WHMCS check each payment that is made by the recurring?

thanks