2 x WHMCS + 1 server

epromo

Question

Hi,

Just wondering if you can tell me if this is possible or if there is a better way of doing it.

Im trying to get 2 copies of whmcs to attach to one cpanel server, the reason being that I have 2 websites under 2 different currencies.

So, I was thinking I could install whmcs twice on the same server under different directories then have the website use the different whmcs installs.

I tried this using the second domain on an account under my main reseller account but the second copy of whmcs cannot connect to the server to pull package info etc, says incorrect login details, so I though I would try using the second domain as an addon domain on the first account.

If that works, my question is, will this be possible as far as licensing goes? Have 2 installs on one account?

Also, can the 2 whmcs installs use the same mysql database or would they need to be separate.

To summarize, I have 2 domains due to separate currencies and I want to use them both with the same cpanel reseller account. (at least until whmcs will support multiple currencies).

Please note: im currently using 2 trial accounts, hence my post under pre-sale.

3 answers to this question

Also, can the 2 whmcs installs use the same mysql database or would they need to be separate.

Asking for problems there if you have 2 instances on 1 DB..1 user on install A can make an entry and another user on install B make another entry and cause issues. I would use 2 DB's for this if I were going to install. It may look like hard work to maintain 2 DB's but hey is it worth it to prevent issues on your end or the clients?

Im trying to get 2 copies of whmcs to attach to one cpanel server, the reason being that I have 2 websites under 2 different currencies.

I see no reason why not if you have 1 lic. copy running on domain.com/dir1 and then the other on domain.com/dir2 and both lic. reflect the respective domian/IP...should be no issue.

• WHMCS CEO

Hi epromo,

This is possible to do and is the solution used by many for those needing to use two different currencies. We offer a discount on the second license needed for your second installation - just open a sales ticket for info.

You would need to be using seperate databases for each installation.

Regards,

Matt