Google Checkout/Paypal questions

Hi all,

Sorry if this is the wrong forum but my question about Google Checkout is how do i set it up so they enter their details on my site instead of paying from viewing their invoice which takes them to Google's site?

I would like to be able to accept credit cards on my website (yes i do have a SSL).

Also im stuggling to find the correct infomation to set up my Paypal account with WHMCS. Im talking about standerd Paypal where it takes the customer to the Paypal page.

Any ideas how to set up Paypal as a payment gateway?

Thanks!

Jack

I can answer your PayPal questions at least. I just had to test this today.

In WHMCS, activate the gateway named simply "PayPal".

If you have a Personal Account at PP, you can't use API access, so you can't issue refunds through WHMCS. You'd have to issue one through your interface at PP (if that's possible: see below*). But you can use it for payments, at least. Just fill in the box "PayPal Email" with the same email address you use to login to your Personal Account. Fill in the remaining 3 checkboxes below that, as you desire. Save it, then skip the next paragraph.

If you have a Premier or Business Account, you can setup API within it (Profile -> API Access -> View API Certificate -> Request API Signature), then put that information in the Gateway, so you can refund directly, and fill in the "PayPal Email" and checkboxes as above. Save it.

Now make as an order as a Customer, checkout, select "PayPal", continue, and select one of the two choices for that payment type (PayPal Subscribe or PayPal Checkout) and you should get redirected to the PP site to actually pay. If you get to that first screen, where the customer will see *your* email address, the rest should work fine and you can cancel the transaction at that point without actually paying.

If you wish to test the entire process, you can go ahead and pay, then issue a refund either through WHMCS (if it's a Premier or Business Account) or manually (Personal Account) by logging into PayPal directly.*

**It's been ages since I used my Personal Account so I'm not 100% sure about refunds within that type, but I believe you can. Perhaps someone using a Personal Account can verify this.

Hope that helped.