Help with 'configoptions' in API

CrimsonGT

So ive determined WHMCS cant really do what I need it to, which is multiply the values of two drop down boxes to get a total price. So I figure I will have to create a custom order form for this.

The API page seems to be a bit lacking though.

http://wiki.whmcs.com/API:Add_Order

Im trying to figure out if I can use 'configoptions' to do what I need, and if so how. Basically I need to have one drop down box (right now its a configoption) with two prices, and a second drop down box with another group of config options. Then multiply whatever value is selected from both together to get the total price.

Is this going to be doable with configoptions, and if so does anyone have any examples of them in use? The API page is a bit lacking.

• 11 months later...

ok i spent some time today fighting with that issue.. and also did not found any examples of using config options in api..so posting it here..migh tbe help to other guys :)

ok wil be short..suppose we have a line

$postfields["configoptions"] = base64_encode(serialize(array("78"=>"221","77"=>"219","76"=>"217")));

here

78 - id from the tblproductconfigoptions table and 221 is id of the value you need of that option form the tblproductconfigoptionssub table where configid=78..

the 77 and 76 defining similar..

hope that will help someone and save the time guessing :)

Thanks

• 3 months later...